anthracite bullitt deep dish 17x10.5 rims

• Sponsors (?)

afsoccaplayer04 said:
is anyone out there running these in the back with their stock 17x8s up front? Can anyone tell me if the color of these match the stock ones that come on GTs and Bullitts?

It matches the 04 wheels but I dont think it matches the 03 and below. I have a set of 02 bullits and the color is different.

Like said before, they will match the 03-04 wheel spoke colors, but not the 01-02 wheel spokes.

Here's a pic. Deep dish rears, and 01-02 wheels up front

attachment.php

boomshack said:
:stupid:
Sweet lookin' ride. Hey did you have to buy a whole new trunk lid to get rid of the tacky rear GT spoiler? I want to remove mine soooo bad!

Whopps, sorry. That car is not my car. I forget who's it is though.

I'm taking my wing off tomorrow actually. I went to home depot and bought some nylon plugs. 2 are 3/8th and 2 are 5/16. They are in the hardware aisle in the little pull out trays where the metric stuff is.

I painted them silver with some Ford touch up paint i have. When you take the spoiler off, just use a little clear silicole and push the plugs in and no leaks. If you ever want to put the spoiler back on, just push them out.

Mustang5L5 said:
Whopps, sorry. That car is not my car. I forget who's it is though.

I'm taking my wing off tomorrow actually. I went to home depot and bought some nylon plugs. 2 are 3/8th and 2 are 5/16. They are in the hardware aisle in the little pull out trays where the metric stuff is.

I painted them silver with some Ford touch up paint i have. When you take the spoiler off, just use a little clear silicole and push the plugs in and no leaks. If you ever want to put the spoiler back on, just push them out.

Cool, thanks for the advice...you mean clear silicone right? And do you use the silicone on top after pushing in the nylon plugs or do you dip the plugs in silicone and push them in? Sorry for the dumb questions, but do I just pull the trunk lining off to get to the screws holding the spoiler in place? And will the trunk look smooth from far away and will only a close inspection reveal the plugged up holes?

Thanks a million.

boomshack said:
Cool, thanks for the advice...you mean clear silicone right? And do you use the silicone on top after pushing in the nylon plugs or do you dip the plugs in silicone and push them in? Sorry for the dumb questions, but do I just pull the trunk lining off to get to the screws holding the spoiler in place? And will the trunk look smooth from far away and will only a close inspection reveal the plugged up holes?

Thanks a million.

yeah, clear silicone. put a smal bit around the round part that goes into the hole. You just want to seal it up against water. If you use too much, just peel it off when it dries.

There are only 4 holes with the 01+ spoiler. Nothing too noticable from a distance. You'll see the plugs if you get up close and look. But a lot cheaper than replacing the trunk.

boomshack said:
And will the trunk look smooth from far away and will only a close inspection reveal the plugged up holes?

Check this page out.
http://www.miracerros.com/mustang/spoiloff.htm

I couldn't wait so i went outside and did it right now. Took me all of 10 mins. Took the 4 nuts off, yanked the wing off, then cleaned the entire trunk and then put in the plugs with a dab of clear silicone.

Looks great, but i really think i need to lower my car and maybe get some 18" deep dish bullitts :D Then it will look badass.

Oh yeah, my wing has a LOT of water inside it. I have no clue how it got there and i can't get it out. There are no cracks or holes anywhere, but i have about 1 cup of water sloshing around inside. :shrug:

Just bought a pair of the 17x10.5 deep dish Anthracite off eBay on Friday (new in boxes) with a set of 20 lugs w/locks & chrome valve stems, then called and added new Sumi 17/35/315's all for a little over $600 shipped.

I figure that's a pretty decent deal for an exact match to the stock Bullitts AND fresh tires to burn.

Make sure you ask about tires too if you win or use "buy now" option. They might cut a decent deal on them. Mine ship direct from distributor at about $30 less each than they have 'em at Tire Rack.

Think I'll hold on to the 9" Cobra Rs for spares, but they were still lookin' too small for the rear, 'specially stock height. The ass of these cars is friggen obese.

Now to wait for spring when I can lower this 4x4 and toss in the 3.73s. Prolly need 'em just to turn these steam rollers. That's the plan, anyway.

GetImpact said:
Just bought a pair of the 17x10.5 deep dish Anthracite off eBay on Friday (new in boxes) with a set of 20 lugs w/locks & chrome valve stems, then called and added new Sumi 17/35/315's all for a little over $600 shipped...Make sure you ask about tires too if you win or use "buy now" option. They might cut a decent deal on them. Mine ship direct from distributor at about $30 less each than they have 'em at Tire Rack...

...The ass of these cars is friggen obese.QUOTE]

That's a damn good deal. And I couldn't agree more about the 99-04 mustang's asses being HUGE with the factory wheels and tires on them. Our babies got BACK ! :rlaugh: