Anti theft system problem

The PCM should turn the pump on for a couple of seconds to pressurize the line then shut it off. When you said it doesn't seem to pressurize are you guessing or do you know the fuel system isn't pressurizing? If the PCM senses that the fuel system isn't pressurizing like it should, it will disable the car the same way it does when the PATS doesn't prove out. Maybe your fuel pump is shot. Otherwise, it sounds like the PCM...do you have a chip on there? Mine will do that if I have my tweecer in the wrong position, so a partly seated chip should be able to cause similar symptoms. If the problem were with your PATS module the fuel pump would still function normally. The theft light would come on, then start flashing rapidly, and you can crank the car all day but it would never start, and the fuel pump would never turn back on without cycling the key.
.. I had a remote start installed as I pulled out of the lot the anti theft light came on and the car died The Theft light blinked rapidly and the car just died. They towed it back and supposedly disabled the anti theft on the car and did a few other things and then agreed to take it up to the Ford dealer. I highly doubt this was a coincidence that the fuel pump would just give out and the anti theft light would blink after they where working on the car.

• Sponsors (?)