• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Any clearance issues on tailpipes with a Flowmaster catback and Eibach Pro springs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DLo
  • Start date Start date Jun 30, 2006
D

DLo

New Member
Mar 31, 2005
57
0
0
Jun 30, 2006
#1
  • Jun 30, 2006
  • #1
I think I have the pro springs on my car since it sits alot lower than other mustangs, and the springs are also black. But when I had the stock catback system on it, it would rattle frequently since the tailpipes were hitting something. I ended up just running dumps, but I'm going to order new exhaust soon. Do any of you have clearance issues with the above combo?
 
N

Nobody

Founding Member
May 9, 2000
2,515
0
0
Kenmore, WA
Jun 30, 2006
#2
  • Jun 30, 2006
  • #2
I have the same setup. I discovered that my rattling was coming from the tailpipe hanger. The pipe was vibrating against the metal under the bumper. It took a tug on the tailpipe to get it to clear the metal and all was good.
 

zenboy99

Founding Member
May 12, 2002
2,212
0
47
Madison, WI
Jun 30, 2006
#3
  • Jun 30, 2006
  • #3
DLo said:
I think I have the pro springs on my car since it sits alot lower than other mustangs, and the springs are also black. But when I had the stock catback system on it, it would rattle frequently since the tailpipes were hitting something. I ended up just running dumps, but I'm going to order new exhaust soon. Do any of you have clearance issues with the above combo?
Click to expand...

What tires do you have in the rear?

I cleared fine with 275x40x17 Kumho's and 275x55x15 MT drag radials on a 10" weld rim.
 
D

DLo

New Member
Mar 31, 2005
57
0
0
Jul 15, 2006
#4
  • Jul 15, 2006
  • #4
Oops, forgot about this thread. I've got stock sized tires on a 17" wheel in the rear, something's vibrating back there like I thought it would. I think it's just hitting the gas tank cover though, so I'll fix it sometime. Thanks for the help guys!
 

donjohn

New Member
Feb 7, 2004
1,757
0
0
Irvine - Southern California
Jul 16, 2006
#5
  • Jul 16, 2006
  • #5
Mine were hitting the gas tank... I bent the gas tank and realigned the catback and all is well

i run the sportlines and american thunder catback
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

P
Tailpipes for '88 GT
  • pindude80
  • Apr 30, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
31
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 13, 2025
pindude80
P
6
Hey all,I’m putting together a 302 for my 1968 Mustang and wanted to post the combo + some questions to make sure I’m not missing crucial
  • 68_Disgustang
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
gray owl
G
D
Exhaust Bbk mid pipe and flowmaster catback fitment issues?
  • dqureshi06
  • Jun 8, 2024
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Oct 15, 2024
dqureshi06
D
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
356
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
0
V6 to V8 Swap info
  • 02_2v_Curtis
  • Jan 11, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
936
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Today at 4:28 AM
2v_johnny
2
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?