any good how 2's on mounting battery in trunk?

• Sponsors (?)

alot of people i talk to say to stay away from it. consider this, the battery is on the right side now and also set back in the engine bay. if you are from the school that beleives every little bit helps than go ahead. but i have been advised against it. these cars are much better balanced than their predasseors

These cars are still a bit nose heavy, so moving it to the rear wouldn't hurt. But I think side to side, they're well balanced, so I'd probably keep it on the same side.

i wouldn't bother with it but im removing alot of weight from the back of the car. i think it will help alot with the 4.10s.

Why would that help with 4.10's, if you don't mind me asking? The car is already nose heavy. Removing more weight from the front puts even less weight on the tires, reducing traction. Weight reduction is good, but you've gotta remove it in the right places. Swaybar delete, lighter radiator, lighter radiator support, k member, and a arms would all help you lose weight and correct the weight ratio. If you do all or some of that, then removing weight from the back would help. Drag springs would help transfer the weight to the rear properly. But, unless you know something that I don't, just pulling weight from the rear will not help you get traction. You'll get higher trap speeds but your ETs will improve more by removing weight the way I suggested.

I was starting to get a little concerned around here with folks dropping rear weight. I think this would have been the 3rd or 4th thread (in as many days) where I was preaching about the 53/47 stock weight distribution. hahahahhaha.... Thanks for taking that pulpit up for me in this thread Dark.

you guys have me confused. why would you even consider putting the battery on the lt side. with the tortion of the motor the right rear has much more weight than the lt on a hard launch. if you have to have to put the battery in the trunk that is the only place to pull it. have you ever seen a car pull just a right wheel off the gound on a launch. maybe if you were road racing this would make sense. i am confused.