ANY GOOD races lately?

breakemlose

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2002
Mexico
Hey guys any good local races lately on the street or a private track?

Latley it seems everyone out there wants to race. At least once or twice a day someone is trying to race me.
From civics, to saleens to amg mercedes, hell in the last 24 hours alone.
I wish my phone didn't take a poop 4 hours ago. It deleted all my vids on it including a awesome must see race 6 hours ago. Almost shows the guy in the saleen crashign on a corner on i-84 goiug off the outside line on the freeway. You have to watch it cornering at 120mph on that stretch.

Of course i never was the one racing :D Just observing.

• Sponsors (?)

breakemlose said:
Hey guys any good local races lately on the street or a private track?

Latley it seems everyone out there wants to race. At least once or twice a day someone is trying to race me.
From civics, to saleens to amg mercedes, hell in the last 24 hours alone.
I wish my phone didn't take a poop 4 hours ago. It deleted all my vids on it including a awesome must see race 6 hours ago. Almost shows the guy in the saleen crashign on a corner on i-84 goiug off the outside line on the freeway. You have to watch it cornering at 120mph on that stretch.

Of course i never was the one racing :D Just observing.

Friday's and Saturdays seems to put ego's on the front and center. Went for a little cruise yesterday afternoon, and not 3 miles from my house this civic which was EWOKED pretty good, starting nugging back and forth, so I nodded, and off he went. At the next light 72nd ave heading north, he rolls down the window and said "I thought that car would be...whats that sound...". Light turned green, and I do believe he found out what that sound was:D

Believe it or not, coming back on the Freeway, a newer Jaguar wanted to play with me. I couldn't believe it. Although he was giving me the thumbs up, so I took that as just giving props, which was cool. I did not race him though

saleenster said:
Friday's and Saturdays seems to put ego's on the front and center. Went for a little cruise yesterday afternoon, and not 3 miles from my house this civic which was EWOKED pretty good, starting nugging back and forth, so I nodded, and off he went. At the next light 72nd ave heading north, he rolls down the window and said "I thought that car would be...whats that sound...". Light turned green, and I do believe he found out what that sound was:D

Believe it or not, coming back on the Freeway, a newer Jaguar wanted to play with me. I couldn't believe it. Although he was giving me the thumbs up, so I took that as just giving props, which was cool. I did not race him though
LOL:nice: I absolutely love that. They always think they are hot stuff, till they hear something whining harder then they are! I was driving my stang back where its stored a week ago and these three kids crammed into an el camino drove by me on the highway I was pulling out onto, and looked at me and laughed and smirked. We both found the reason at the next stoplight. I roll my window down and hear big block loping, and he hears my "squeaky belt." Man I have to say I have never seen a smile wiped so quickly:D :rlaugh: Needless to say he wasnt asking for any, so I dont have a race for ya...Sorry. I sure thought that was a good story to share though! HA to the Chevy guys making assumptions!!

The Scort played with a 04 gt a couple weeks back. Lets just say he wasnt much of a challenge at freeway starting speeds:D

Video would be nice, especially the look on his little brothers face who was riding with him. Priceless.

Last season at PIR for the late night drags, some Mexican in an ewoked honda wanted to race. Loudest exhaust Ive ever heard, paint, decals, whale fin, lights all over. The Ranger put him to shame. The sad part was, I didnt even break into the 15s that night. He couldnt figure out how he got beat by a little truck.

Nissan Tag Line:
SHIFT_the future

Shift v1. to change. 2. to move to a position that's right for you, 3. to leave the status quo far, far behind

Sounds like it lived up to #2 pretty well:nice:
attachment.php

I had a good race the other day, I was late to work and I had my F150 at about 53mph going down hill with a tail wind in the 55mph zone, I ended up letting off at 54mph so the taxi cab got me I think because it was screaming yellow man that thing was fast:) , but it was close:D

I posted this on Black Mustang Club a couple of weeks ago. I've only had two people race me in all the time I've been driving this car. Can't figure out why. . . .:shrug:

:D

---

Cruising with my wife, coming onto I-5 South at the U-district, merged over a lane, and a blue WRX with a white racing stripe cuts over from the far-left lane and shoots up right next to me. I'm rolling at about sixty, in third (C4 tranny.) He looks over, zips forward a bit, lets himself roll back. There are no shoulders along this stretch; it's a cop-free zone and traffic was light.

I get the picture, and nod. He doesn't even honk, just starts to jump. I slam it into second and the secondaries (all four of them) kick in, and I go rocketing past him, burying the rpm gauge (goes to 6k.) I hit the high 80's and drop back b/c he's nowhere to be seen.

He pulls up a second or two later, his mouth hanging open, and gives me an enthusiastic grin and an orgasm face, coupled with a gang sign. I'm thinking, WTF?

I shrug, he waves, and he cuts behind me and takes the next exit.

"Guess I scared him out of it, huh?" I say to my wife.

"Well, honey, you got rubber at sixty. You scared the $#!+ out of him. He shut down the second he heard your tires break."

"But. . . my tires didn't . . . "

:doh:

Here's the deal: I am running a 5.0 H.O. without the serpentine assembly (it won't fit in my engine bay.) These old 70's-era V-belts squeal like the end of the world when I stand on it -- the roller cam's throttle response is too quick for the belts, so they slip -- and my wife, who was sitting beside me, thought (as I'm sure Mr. WRX did) that I laid a two-second patch from a 60 roll when it was just my belts crying out in protest. Shut his @ss down quick, though. :nice:

I'd be curious to hear the story he's telling his friends right now.

joeythesaint said:
I posted this on Black Mustang Club a couple of weeks ago. I've only had two people race me in all the time I've been driving this car. Can't figure out why. . . .:shrug:

:D

---

Cruising with my wife, coming onto I-5 South at the U-district, merged over a lane, and a blue WRX with a white racing stripe cuts over from the far-left lane and shoots up right next to me. I'm rolling at about sixty, in third (C4 tranny.) He looks over, zips forward a bit, lets himself roll back. There are no shoulders along this stretch; it's a cop-free zone and traffic was light.

I get the picture, and nod. He doesn't even honk, just starts to jump. I slam it into second and the secondaries (all four of them) kick in, and I go rocketing past him, burying the rpm gauge (goes to 6k.) I hit the high 80's and drop back b/c he's nowhere to be seen.

He pulls up a second or two later, his mouth hanging open, and gives me an enthusiastic grin and an orgasm face, coupled with a gang sign. I'm thinking, WTF?

I shrug, he waves, and he cuts behind me and takes the next exit.

"Guess I scared him out of it, huh?" I say to my wife.

"Well, honey, you got rubber at sixty. You scared the $#!+ out of him. He shut down the second he heard your tires break."

"But. . . my tires didn't . . . "

:doh:

Here's the deal: I am running a 5.0 H.O. without the serpentine assembly (it won't fit in my engine bay.) These old 70's-era V-belts squeal like the end of the world when I stand on it -- the roller cam's throttle response is too quick for the belts, so they slip -- and my wife, who was sitting beside me, thought (as I'm sure Mr. WRX did) that I laid a two-second patch from a 60 roll when it was just my belts crying out in protest. Shut his @ss down quick, though. :nice:

I'd be curious to hear the story he's telling his friends right now.
that is sweet. I should loosen my belt to get the same effect. lmao thats great.

fiveohwblow said:
LOL:nice: I absolutely love that. They always think they are hot stuff, till they hear something whining harder then they are! I was driving my stang back where its stored a week ago and these three kids crammed into an el camino drove by me on the highway I was pulling out onto, and looked at me and laughed and smirked. We both found the reason at the next stoplight. I roll my window down and hear big block loping, and he hears my "squeaky belt." Man I have to say I have never seen a smile wiped so quickly:D :rlaugh: Needless to say he wasnt asking for any, so I dont have a race for ya...Sorry. I sure thought that was a good story to share though! HA to the Chevy guys making assumptions!!

Thats great. I find that EVO's and STI owners don't get beat enough cause they seem to come out of the wood work when I get in the car..the little bastards seem like they are waiting in line to race me. What is it about the type of person that buys these cars...I would love racing them from a dig, but as soon as they see Drag Radials on the rear, they want to race from a rolling start...I think of these guys as sport bike owners. Getting them off the line is the hardest part although there cars are built for off the line...Go figure! Hense the term EWOK!

saleenster said:
Thats great. I find that EVO's and STI owners don't get beat enough cause they seem to come out of the wood work when I get in the car..the little bastards seem like they are waiting in line to race me. What is it about the type of person that buys these cars...I would love racing them from a dig, but as soon as they see Drag Radials on the rear, they want to race from a rolling start...I think of these guys as sport bike owners. Getting them off the line is the hardest part although there cars are built for off the line...Go figure! Hense the term EWOK!
:lol: I love it... How bout that dave???:SNSign: There I go again attempting to set up a race:nono:

saleenster said:

One little STI driver will race you from a dig or from a roll :D

AND I'll be at every SCCA and PCA autoX I can too, if you want to play there instead ;) ...