Any mustang body guys out there?

Lawbreaker5.0

Feb 20, 2009
Texas
so here is my dillema.

Years ago i was in a wreck. Some dumbass ran a red light while i was turning left and hit my back right quarter panel. I had no insurance (16yrs and was on my own). And it was my word against his, even though there was a cop like 5 cars back and one over from him. (obivously not paying attention)

So i got it fixed the cheap way. a guy in his garage. He told me at the time he took it to check out the frame and have it fixed if needed. He said it was straight and didn't actually tell me if it was bent.

He cut the fender and and put a new one one. I remember going over there and seeing a huge gap at the pasenger door. So he cut the new fender and bent it over and filled in the new gap on the quarter panel. So right then and there i should have known he didn't take it to a frame shop. but anyways it look good and i just wanted my car back.

Well 6 years later and i'm running into problems becuase of this cheap fix. i just finished the 5 lug with 03 cobra 275/40/17's and i'm having rubbing issues.

1. the actual rear end (whole thing) looks to be more to the PASSENGER side. Probably close to .5 inch from outside fender to tire on pass and 1-1.5 on the driverside
2. The gap between the tire and wheel well is a solid .5 in smaller on the passenger side. i have the pro kit lowering springs

I tried rolling the fender today with little luck.

should i straighten the frame (which could buckle the quarter panel)
buy smaller axles (foxbody length) not sn95 even though it still might not clear the right side
Or adjust the springs so high that it won't rub

sorry for the long post, i just need to explain it all for the best replies hopefully

thanx.

edit. Does that mean the actual body is shifted over still? or did it bend the uni body frames in the rear end? the rear end was trash. it looked like a bannana.

• Sponsors (?)

Some pics from underneath each wheel opening may help us, what size wheel are you running on those SN95 length axles?? I feel ur pain, I too had a quarter panel that had been fixed once that caused me problems when I changed suspension.

Post up some pics and myself or someone should have some suggestions

Some pics from underneath each wheel opening may help us, what size wheel are you running on those SN95 length axles?? I feel ur pain, I too had a quarter panel that had been fixed once that caused me problems when I changed suspension.

Post up some pics and myself or someone should have some suggestions

the wheels are 17 x 9's all the way around. all i have is one pic from underneath the passenger rear wheel area. its not great, taken from my phone,but for now it will have to do, tell i can snap some more tommorrow afternoon

Sorry the attachment is huge.:notnice:

It didn't really roll so i think i'll have to cut the inner panel with a wizard wheel (praying for steady handings) which will allow me to start bending the lip up.

thanks for moving it. i need to get this thing solved as i've been mustangless for almost a year. I'm getting withdrawls.

Attachments

• right rear fender.jpg
    right rear fender.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 98
to really get the fenders to roll good takes a big hammer you def got that one pretty much done. If you are running 17x9 wheels and SN95 length axles that combo itself will cause you problems unless you have some huge backspacing on your wheels. I was running 17x8 wheels on my car with SN axles and the fit was fine, but when I test fit some 17x9 wheels it was obvious they would not work.

Also post some pics from the side so we can see how far out your wheels are sitting on each side.