Any one ever swap an 87-93 interior into and 86

brian15

Oct 16, 2003
would it be a strait forward swap or would there be any issues making the swap .

i think im going to pick up 86 4cyl so i can swap my drivetrain into ...... and would like to put a black interior into the car

any tips or info greatly appreciated

thanks Brian

• Sponsors (?)

I have done it. inorder for it to work PROPERLY, you need to swap everthing. all the wires from front to back. make sure you keep track of everything to help when re-installing in the car. its not too bad if you tag everything, if you keep track of everthing and re-install like it came out you should be fine.

well that is ifyour donor car is working properly in the first place

nice .... i do have a donor car with everything functioning properly ........ so im going to have to swap say fuel pump relays and all those goodies also ?

everything.. I pulled out my interior, everything (well except the steering column) then went under the hood pulled out all those wires, computer, (you could keep the injector harness but i recommend if you have it swap it) o2 sensor harness, tranny harness, every wire in the car. there are ways where you could leave harness's and "adapt" them. ive done it all and i find that the easiest most straight forward way is to swap everything.

i feel the same way 4eyes FTW ..... assuming i pull the swap im definatly keep the nose and will probally use a set of svo sail panels .

then that will make 3 4 eyed cars in the family .