any one have pypes dual exhaust?

mattzts

Jun 27, 2005
clifton, nj
im looking into options to change my dual setup. i dont like the magnaflow magna packs much. i emailed magnaflow and the inlet and outlet on the magnapacks are differant so i can just change mufflers. anways. so ill have to buy a whole new exhaust. so i was wonder if anyone has the pypes kit and how it sounds? i can always spend money later to change out mufflers too.

on a side note i think its pretty dumb magnaflow has differant inlet and outlets on the magnapacks. so if someone wants to change the muffle they have to get a whole new set up.

• Sponsors (?)

im looking into options to change my dual setup. i dont like the magnaflow magna packs much. i emailed magnaflow and the inlet and outlet on the magnapacks are differant so i can just change mufflers. anways. so ill have to buy a whole new exhaust. so i was wonder if anyone has the pypes kit and how it sounds? i can always spend money later to change out mufflers too.

on a side note i think its pretty dumb magnaflow has differant inlet and outlets on the magnapacks. so if someone wants to change the muffle they have to get a whole new set up.

I don't have the Pypes duals yet, but have started with a single Pypes Violater. It has a very nice idle and is fairly civil til 3,000 rpm than all hell breaks loose. I really like the sound, I will add the true dual conversion as soon as I get my GT rear valance. I bought from Brenspeed, they had the best price, immediate shipping and he even threw in a 'Blow it out your Pypes" t-shirt.

I had Magnaflows and the drone was horrible. I also had a problem with a broken weld on the muffler and they refused to warranty it. I trashed them and went with a JBA H pipe system... I should have done that from the start.

back.jpg

yeah i was gonna order from rpmoutlet.com. they have the dual with xpipe and jba header for 700. not a bad deal at all.

Hey Mattzts!

1. DON'T ORDER from rpmoutlet.com
2. I have the PYPES "True Duals" with "X" pipe & Street Pro mufflers.

I LOVE 'EM!!

:nice:

Here are my vids: http://www.putfile.com/sohcman/media

Under 2500RPM you can't tell its a V6... over 2500 and it gets crazy!

Take these vids and turn UP the volume.

Cold idle is 97dB (stock is 64db) That is 106 TIMES LOUDER than stock!

On the highway it cruises quietly at 65MPH, and gets louder until 85.. then quiets out again.

Standing on the loud pedal explains where they got that nickname from!

Best mod I've done yet.

Had New Edge GT owners ask me if it was a GT...

SOHC

the JBA system is definately the way to go - they offer an "H" pipe system and a "Y" pipe system as well

Ive heard bad things about RPM as well throughout the communtiy and from reading various posts in chat forums

PYPES Dual exhaust installed on V6

I ordered the x and mid pipe kit (sfm65) directly from PYPES because the other vendors had the kit on back order. This is the set up that does not include the mufflers so I installed the kit with a set of GT takeoff mufflers.

Bottomline, the installation looks great and the sound is ok with no resonance. I will probably spring for a new set of mufflers with more growl but for now I am happy with the sound and the small gain in performance from the GT takeoffs.

The exhaust was the last of the GT takeoffs we had to install so other than the V6 badging the car looks and almost sounds like a GT.

Don.

2005 V-6

just got the pypes kit the other day. havent had it installed yet. i dont have monye right now. i have a question tho. i can do the exhaust myself. the only problem is the x pipe since i dont have something to cut the down pipe. will the pypes system connect with the magnaflow duels y pipe? if so i can do that my next day off. then a couple weeks have the x pipe put in.

I, too, have the x pipe with street pros from pypes.

Only problem I found was during install...it's supposed to be a bolt on system, but my midpipes were too short. Had to custom fab a piece for inbetween.

Also had to tap the holes on the driver side of the frame for the new hangers as they were not able to be hung as advertised.

I'm super happy with the sound though. I definitely get some looks coming down the street.

A lot of drone...but I like it that way. ;)