any one here ever use super tech oils ?

Killa

Jul 9, 2007
Im about to change my oils, thinking use super tech 5w/30 and change every 3k, been use mobil 1 and change every 6k, now its summer I can change oil often. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

if its a POS car then yes,otherwise nooooo.especially in the trans.my trans was fine for 6 years,put supertch in it because its all i could get my hands on when i needed it.figured id swap it out later,3000 miles later my trans is blown haha,outta nowhere

is that the stuff you see at grocery stores and gas stations?

as long as it's API certified (not sure that it is) you should be fine and before you ask it's the white starburst/circle logo on the back.

i personally would pony up the extra .12 cents per quart and go with Valvoline

is that the stuff you see at grocery stores and gas stations?

as long as it's API certified (not sure that it is) you should be fine and before you ask it's the white starburst/circle logo on the back.

i personally would pony up the extra .12 cents per quart and go with Valvoline

Yeah Supertech is the Walmart brand I think.

Nothing but Mobil 1 for my engine. If you're short on cash, use Motorcraft. It's not that much more expensive.

Are you talking Wally World oil ?

If so, and you are looking and talking about the synthetics (!), then I have used it in the SS , it's in the '94 Land Cruiser, and the wife's 4.0 V6 Ranger right now.

I think :scratch: it's made by Quaker State ,and at sub 14 bux for 5 quarts my .02 is that it is a bargain.

it's up to you - depends upon whether or not you trust Wally World to supply a quality oil at a reasonable price.

I (obviously ) do. :nice:

Britt

Im about to change my oils, thinking use super tech 5w/30 and change every 3k, been use mobil 1 and change every 6k, now its summer I can change oil often. Thanks

If your already using the Mobil 1 it makes no sense to downgrade to the cheap stuff. Trust me it may seem like your going to save money now but if your replacing a motor or tranny 2 years down the road you'll regret it. The extra few bucks for the Mobil 1 will be worth it in the long run.

Also if you think you can just compensate by running the cheap stuff and just changing the oil very often you'll just end up spending around the same amount of money to change your oil multipul times when you just could have run the quality oil, spent the same amount of cash and only had to change it the one time. Plus its never good to switch from a full senthetic oil to a cheaper conventional oil. It will put more stress on the motor.

Plus its never good to switch from a full senthetic oil to a cheaper conventional oil. It will put more stress on the motor.

my motor must be stressed to the MAX:eek:

i've switched from Castrol Syntec to Motorcraft 5w20 blend to regular Valvoline and back again several times and believe it or not my car is still running fine. might want to gather your information from other sources

switching back and forth between conventional and synthetic does nothing bad.

You'll be perfectly fine with super tech.. my jetta ran 300k on Supertech, my moms camry has about 150k on it, supertech since new..when i pulled the valve cover last month it was clean as a whistle.

You can even buy super tech synthetic for the same price as most regular oils i think.

my motor must be stressed to the MAX:eek:

i've switched from Castrol Syntec to Motorcraft 5w20 blend to regular Valvoline and back again several times and believe it or not my car is still running fine. might want to gather your information from other sources

Not saying I dont believe you. This is what I have been told by multipul mechanics over the years. So I assumed it to be true.:shrug:

If your already using the Mobil 1 it makes no sense to downgrade to the cheap stuff. Trust me it may seem like your going to save money now but if your replacing a motor or tranny 2 years down the road you'll regret it. The extra few bucks for the Mobil 1 will be worth it in the long run.

Also if you think you can just compensate by running the cheap stuff and just changing the oil very often you'll just end up spending around the same amount of money to change your oil multipul times when you just could have run the quality oil, spent the same amount of cash and only had to change it the one time. Plus its never good to switch from a full senthetic oil to a cheaper conventional oil. It will put more stress on the motor.

This coming from a newbie with a bone stock car:rolleyes:

No matter what oil you run, it really should be changed every 3000 miles. All cars burn oil, some more than others. There are plenty of us that change oils, as long as its certified oil it will be just fine. Sure mobil 1 is better, but that doesn't mean it doesn't burn. If you want to run your car twice as long on mobil 1 I think it will be you replacing a motor because of oil burn off. Just my .02 And super tech does make a synthetic which is affordable.

what exactly does 'burn oil' mean? you mean burn it as in over heating it? or burn as in..it loses oil?
unless its burning as in over heating..you can go 6k with no issue on mobil 1. The oil will still have its lubricating properties and detergents. Most car manufacturers recomend oil changes every 6k or more now...oils come a long way these past few decades.

the salesmen at my job always tell the customers that once they switch to synthetic you MUST keep running it.

that is the biggest load of BS i have ever heard. i ran mobil 1 in my mustang at first then switched to motorcraft once the blower went on.

my Ranger and Xterra run the cheap ass bulk oil we have at the shop. it is Kendall oil. i had never heard of it before we started using itand it works just fine on my 250K plus Ranger.