Anybody do the steering wheel - volume control mod?

• Sponsors (?)

I jumped into that project and gave up, because the article was written around the single din 99 style Mach. The hardware in my 01 was completely different, and I didn't feel like messing around with it that much. I did wire up the speed sensitive volume control while I was in there, however.

Don't you lose your cruise control ability??

I'd rather have my CC.

My sis's Maxima has the volume mounted controls. I use her car regularly and still never use the steering wheel controls.

actually, you use a toggle switch (last picture on the link I believe) to switch from CC, to volume control.

I was hoping someone knows how to make it so it changes the track rather than the volume. I'm going to buy a PIE connection for my ipod, and I'm one of those guys that switches songs rather often.

anyone got a link for the speed sensitive volume control?

san~man said:
Push in the volume knob for a few seconds, and it then turns into the SS volume setting.

Use the "Up/down" arrow button on the right side of the head unit to adjust the SS volume level.

wow, you're actually good for something :p.

you missed out on the ps3 san. sold 4, and made myself almost 7000!

Exactly. I have mine set to the highest setting, so it adjusts the volume a great deal, due to my current exhaust setup with dumps. Everytime I come to a stop, my passengers think the song is over.

I can't stand not hearing what is going on outside of the car. I usually cruise around with the radio barely audible.

I know a lot of buys my age spend serious cash on building a loud stereo, but I can't drive with loud music.

Don't get me wrong, once in a while when i'm cruising on the highway and a good some comes on i'll crank the Mach 460 up, but for the most part my music is on softly.

Then when i get rolling and the exhaust is loud, the volume automatically increases slightly so i can still hear it