anybody else do this?

urban96

bubb rubb says:"woo woooooo"
Founding Member
Sep 24, 2002
Syracuse, NY
Since gas prices skyrocketed i kinda compare stuff i wanna buy to the price of a tank of gas. Like the other day i was shopping for boots and thought to myself, damn... thats a tank and a half

made me think of that burger commercial where they compare everything to the price of a double cheese burger

• Sponsors (?)

It's referred to as 'pegging' in political science/international relations

And yes I've done it a couple times

It's usually more a long the lines of, "****, I could get a half-quarter for the price of that CD"

:D

image.php

:drool:

and yeah, i do that, too :nonono:

If it was Aus, it would likely be referred to as Petrol.

I do it myself. Or I consider what it will cost me to go the store.

Yea this morning I had to make that dicision. Make it to work before 8:10 and watch my tank needle run away or make it there a bit late and risk being put down as late. Needless to say my poor needle is lost and I cant find him. But I did make it to work at 8:09:D .

And yes my g/f and I do that all the time. Seeing as we are both college students and I live on my own with very little to no help from mom. We always find ourselves saying, f**k thats a whole tank of gas, and then some. Or the ever popular I could get to work for 2 weeks for that and make the money over.:rolleyes: ...And she drives an 06 civic, (40 MPG) she should have no right to complain. lol

HISSIN50 said:
Ruh roh, you got too obscure for me. :(

(I assumed MJ to be the usual reference. Was it wrong to do so?).

I'm so lost. :D Please explain. :banana:

Don't worry I'm confused also...Let's see if I can make sense of this.

Original topic was such that we substitute 'staples' (common goods which price is typically fixed...gasoline is a bit of a outlier) for actual currency.

When I said, "It's usually more a long the lines of, "****, I could get a half-quarter for the price of that CD""

I was referring to MJ, Mary Jane, Pot, Cannabis, Marijuana...a couple of guys said that they hadn't heard to an 1/8th of an ounce referred to as a half quarter before...I mentioned it was a Canadian thing...someone asked if I was from australia (jokingly)...and then you said that if it were australia gas would = petrol (which is indeed accurate).

and now here we are. :nice: