Anybody else find humor in this...

• Sponsors (?)

how moronic to spend 5K to prosicute a $150 ticket. Does that deparment have anything better to do? Damn beverton PD. I know they don't want to give preferential treatment, but lets get real. So in other words, they can pull each other over for speeding now?

Hey, is that the female officer that pulled me over by the way? hahaha, let her have it!

I happen to find this very humorous. And pathetic. Just goes goes to show how money hungry the Beaverton PD is. And the state. Yes, we should all obey the speed limit, but there is always an unspoken law of being allowed to drive 7 to 10 over due to speedometer differences. Even if she isn't found guilty, she'll have to pay the reduced fine and have it on her record. The state wins no matter what.

I say the cop gets to pay! If I was issued the ticket, I'd have to pay, just like you guys and gals, even if it was reduced.

I have seen cops speed many times on back roads and on hwys. I have seen them approach a red light, stop, flip on the the blue and reds to get through the intersection and then turn them off right after they have crossed the intersection. Most likely this was done so the cop did not have to wait for the signal to change like the rest of us do. Special privilege? Where do I sign up?

I have also seen a cop pass on the right when cars infront were stopped with the left turn signal on, waiting for a turn to cross oncoming traffic. If a cop can do it why can't I? I taste hypocrisy.

Please remind me, seems I have forgotten. Who pays the cops salery? Do we pay the police to serve, protect, and bend the rules in favor of themselves or do I stand infront of the Judge with a smile and say, "guilty as charged your honor."

" Wait a minute little man, put that money in my hand." ( Jay and silent Bob) So I guess I don't find it "humorous", but more of a slap in the face.

I think I hear the Notch calling.

I happen to find this very humorous. And pathetic. Just goes goes to show how money hungry the Beaverton PD is. And the state. Yes, we should all obey the speed limit, but there is always an unspoken law of being allowed to drive 7 to 10 over due to speedometer differences. Even if she isn't found guilty, she'll have to pay the reduced fine and have it on her record. The state wins no matter what.
It all comes down to whether or not she was responding to a call at the time of the citation. Police officers are not exempt from the law and if anything, they are supposed to be a role model if you will when it comes to setting an example for the public. If a police officer can fight a ticket and win at the expense of the taxpayers when she is at fault, that is clearly a signal to others that police are above the law that they enforce. If that is the message they want to convey, then that will leave others thinking "if they are able to get away with breaking the law, why should I follow the same law?"

This actually pisses me off because I received a citation stating I was driving 41 in a 30 which put my fine up to around $250 when I know for a fact my speedometer never went above 35mph in that zone. Sure, I was speeding and I will admit that but I know for a fact that my STOCK car definitely was not travelling at the speed they say it was. I have also passed by the vans going a steady 30 mph (or posted speed limit) and the van generally clocks me 2-3mph LOWER which would indicate that I most likely would have been traveling 44-45mph for me to break into 41 in a 30. I honestly think the numbers were altered to bump me up into the next bracket of fines to generate more revenue for the city. Because I knew I had no chance in hell to fight the ticket I just accepted the lowered fine for my first offence, paid it, and carried on with life. The officer should pay for court expenses out of pocket to reimburse the funds used to prosecute her case if she is found guilty, as well as the full amount of the fine for contesting it.

Everyone needs to be upheld to the same standards regardless of status. I honestly think the photo radar scheme is :bs:
I say the cop gets to pay! If I was issued the ticket, I'd have to pay, just like you guys and gals, even if it was reduced.

I have seen cops speed many times on back roads and on hwys. I have seen them approach a red light, stop, flip on the the blue and reds to get through the intersection and then turn them off right after they have crossed the intersection. Most likely this was done so the cop did not have to wait for the signal to change like the rest of us do. Special privilege? Where do I sign up?

I have also seen a cop pass on the right when cars infront were stopped with the left turn signal on, waiting for a turn to cross oncoming traffic. If a cop can do it why can't I? I taste hypocrisy.

Please remind me, seems I have forgotten. Who pays the cops salery? Do we pay the police to serve, protect, and bend the rules in favor of themselves or do I stand infront of the Judge with a smile and say, "guilty as charged your honor."

" Wait a minute little man, put that money in my hand." ( Jay and silent Bob) So I guess I don't find it "humorous", but more of a slap in the face.

I think I hear the Notch calling.
I have seen the same thing many times. I have actually tailed a Clackamas County Sheriff patrol car on I-205 south towards the I-5 interconnect at a cool 95mph with no emergency lights on or anything. Whether or not he was responding to a call is besides me, but if not, how is that rate of speed justified in a 55mph speed limit zone?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that the lights on the car were used for signaling urgency to alert drivers of the car responding to an emergency or stopping a vehicle for a traffic violation. Who was the cop trying to pull over when I have seen them turn on their lights, proceed through a red light, turn them off, then go sit and park somewhere in plain sight? That's not a very stealthy way to spy on someone. So what gives? :mad:

Whats up! I'm new on the stang.net so any initiation is understandable. Had to chime in on this Cop stuff. She was speeding and got popped, just like anyone else. True photo radar is an $80k profit yearly for Beavtown, but the city is right. It's the union pushing the court time. It's been proven that she was not on a call (see the Oregonian fish wrap). I like it! Beaverton is still sore from getting spanked by nike though so more court press is starting to make them look like byatches! Anyway nice to be in. Check it!

how moronic to spend 5K to prosicute a $150 ticket. Does that deparment have anything better to do? Damn beverton PD. I know they don't want to give preferential treatment, but lets get real. So in other words, they can pull each other over for speeding now?

Hey, is that the female officer that pulled me over by the way? hahaha, let her have it!

I am thinking she is probably the one. Carma baby!:nice:

She pulled you over to get your digets, they dont mess with me anymore. I'm old and grey like Bill:D

You guys do know the Beaverton PD is sticking up for her and it isn't the PD it is the court house that is going after her. The police chief flat out said police have many reason to go above the speeding limit.

I hate it as much as anyone but it is a perk of being PO. Just like sales people come back with all the conference goodies...

If she was in her personal car I wouldn't have a problem with it but she was in a marked BPD cruiser. I think it is a waste of time and money...

forgot to add...

What I found humorous this morning was a copper dodge stratus with a wing on it. He also had a huge dent in the front end. I wanted to ask him if the dent made his car have less drag but he wouldn't look over at me..

There are just way to many people like that in PDX!

You guys do know the Beaverton PD is sticking up for her and it isn't the PD it is the court house that is going after her. The police chief flat out said police have many reason to go above the speeding limit.

I hate it as much as anyone but it is a perk of being PO. Just like sales people come back with all the conference goodies...

If she was in her personal car I wouldn't have a problem with it but she was in a marked BPD cruiser. I think it is a waste of time and money...
If the officer is not in pursuit or responding to a call, there is no justification to speed at all. I don't care what the chief says. The speed limit is LAW, police are there to enfore the LAW, the LAW was broken by an officer on patrol who was not currently enforcing anything. Things would be so much easier if she would do what any other citizen has to do and PAY UP. There is no need for a court case. She's guilty just as other people are who get snapped breaking the law. It's not a hard concept to grasp for the BPD or the court.

There is no need for a court case. This one is a no-brainer. :rolleyes: