ANYBODY EVER CHANGE THE QUARTER GLASS WINDOW?

godstangit

Dec 21, 2002
Illinois
Yesterday, maintenence was cutting grass around the complex and dude got close to the car and the mower blade flung a penny and broke the drivers quarter glass, weird chit I know but I saw it! Anyway I talked to a few glass shops and I got prices from 475.00 to 547.00 for new and 200.00 for used,if I can do it myself I can bank the cash and be a little more reasonable pricewise SO, is it hard to do?

• Sponsors (?)

^^ he's right and you have to wrestle the factory sealant (tar type stuff) It's not that bad ones you get into it. I took them out on my 95 parts car for spares for my good 95 and it too about an hour to have both sides out.

theres 3 or 4 bolts that hold it in. i would do it on a hot day or get a heat gun because theres some black tar sealer that they use around the window to seal it.

and like 95cobra said you gotta remove the interior panels and the outside rear sail panel. you can probably find just the window used for cheap and save some$$ 475 is outrageous!!

urban96 said:
theres 3 or 4 bolts that hold it in. i would do it on a hot day or get a heat gun because theres some black tar sealer that they use around the window to seal it.

and like 95cobra said you gotta remove the interior panels and the outside rear sail panel. you can probably find just the window used for cheap and save some$$ 475 is outrageous!!
I know its nuts one place told me 546.00!! Another shop owner said if I could get the apt. complex to fork over 475.00 he'd put in a used one for 200.00 and give me the difference! so I'd come out275.00 on top but I dont think theyd go for it it is a lot $$ for a window.Thanks for the E-BAY link that price is very do-able.

urban96 said:

Yeah a heat gun works great to remove Sikaflex. It's also good to heat the tube so you can apply new stuff for the new window.

Just be wary of how much you use. If you put too much on, and it bleeds over, you will have one hell of a time getting it off. It's nasty stuff.
Scott