anybody ever have a car inspected after a crash?

Mr. Rustypwnz

Advanced Member
Jun 1, 2005
indianapolis/ valdosta ga
I need some advize on what they will look for, Im gonna take this vert and get it done here in about a month so If I come up there and they bitch about ot having it painted or something im gonna be pissed, or or complain about my air bag sensors or something...
the car has a salvage title atm, and im gonna get it inspected to get it straight so I can sign the title over.
let me know!!

• Sponsors (?)

Any time i look at any Mustang for sale, i always pay close attention to how the body panels line up, especially the fender-to-cowl panel area since if it's wrecked in the front it's almost impossible to make those perfect again. Also pay close attention to the radiator core support area and the inner fenders under the hood...i've seen a lot of cars that were hit hard in the front and they just cut the doghouse off and welded another one on, and you'll see where they cut and welded everything. Look for any damage to the rocker panels under the doors like crinkled areas. Repairs like this can be done right and if they are then it's not a huge deal, it's just that often times they're not done right, they're done "good enough". Being a unibody car, if you just ditch one it's gonna effect most of the car.

My insurance adjuster has inspected every car I have wrecked before he will give me a Check...

GA is an inspection state?

you should get a PO box in tallahasse and register the car over there

naw, i have a salvage title car and am fixing it, and to sign the title over you have to get it inspected, so here I am, I called today, and the gay said, "well whats messed up on it?" I said the rad support,bumpercover,fender. he said thats all they will look at , not the lights, not the smog, none of that just make sure its road worthy and that everything was done right, pay $118 and bam I have a car with a reconditioned title, and its officially mine, its alot of work to do this but I like the car lol..

Any time i look at any Mustang for sale, i always pay close attention to how the body panels line up, especially the fender-to-cowl panel area since if it's wrecked in the front it's almost impossible to make those perfect again. Also pay close attention to the radiator core support area and the inner fenders under the hood...i've seen a lot of cars that were hit hard in the front and they just cut the doghouse off and welded another one on, and you'll see where they cut and welded everything. Look for any damage to the rocker panels under the doors like crinkled areas. Repairs like this can be done right and if they are then it's not a huge deal, it's just that often times they're not done right, they're done "good enough". Being a unibody car, if you just ditch one it's gonna effect most of the car.

not buying a car, more like have a car and its gonna need fixed for me to get the title...

The inspector in MI only wants to see receipts for what the title says was damaged. MI titles on Salvage cars will say like

HOOD
RH FENDER
FR BUMPER

So....if the LH fender was damaged, and all the lights...you don't need to show receipts for those, just what the title says. I still save receipts anyways. Some inspectors are reallllllly tough. I keep everything on hand and ready.