anybody ever use these?

• Sponsors (?)

When I swap my heads I'm going to use crowers hydraulic rollers with the link bar so I can use a roller cam myself. I have not used them or used the ones you mentioned as of yet but they sure do make my engine look good on paper!

zm830101 said:
linky
i was referring specifically to the hydraulic rollers for retrofit into early blocks(the ones with the vertical link bar). part # LRH-302B
"Retrofit Solid Cam, W/vertical bar, 62-97 "

If those are for a solid cam they might not be what you are looking for.
I like them, no spider, no dog bones. I used a set of Ford Racing hydraulic roller lifters with tie bars when building my 351w. I was able to use a standard grind roller cam with these. I believe the Crane retro fit lifters when used in a 351w require a reduced base circle roller cam. I wanted the versatility of swapping regular off the shelf roller cams instead of buying the custom grind $400 Crane cam.

latamud said:
"Retrofit Solid Cam, W/vertical bar, 62-97 "

If those are for a solid cam they might not be what you are looking for.
yeah i was confused by that as well, that is why i asked. the page states that they are hydraulic rollers, bu tthen the description right next to the part # actually says the bit about solid....hmmm
i was looking at the fms parts too, were you able to reuse the stock push rods or no?

steel1212 said:
When I swap my heads I'm going to use crowers hydraulic rollers with the link bar so I can use a roller cam myself. I have not used them or used the ones you mentioned as of yet but they sure do make my engine look good on paper!

Crower does not make a vertical link roller lifter. That was a typo by crower which then passed onto summit. It has been changed to state it is not a vertical link roller lifter. I myself am going with the Ford part in conjunction with a custom ground cam.