Anybody ever wear a pumpkin on their head for halloween?

Aliate X

May 9, 2005
Rockland NY
Just looking for some insightful info into this before I do it, like if theres anything I can do to make it not smell like **** inside lol. And maybe an idea of what to wear on the rest of my body besides a cloak?

• Sponsors (?)

If you get a huge enough pumpkin, you could always just slide it on over an old motorcycle helmet, I guess...?

That, or line the inside with some leftover memory foam bed topper material (I'm finding a bajillion uses for that crap, lately). The smell is inevitable, as it's gonna start to decay from the moment you take it home and open it up, so maybe just Febreeze the hell out of the inside and try to cope. Adding liberal amounts of beer and other alcoholic beverages does seem to help one ignore such smells, too, so if you were planning on wearing this pumpkin to a party ... well, there ya' go. :D

a329scd.jpg

I wore a jack head...

Jack is cool, but his burgers suck. And how do we really know it's always the same Jack under that bobble-head of his? Has anyone fingerprinted that dude, lately? He could have a hundred imposters running around, stealing his paychecks and sullying his public image with bizarre antics! :D

If you're feeling particularly festive, you could finish off the rest of the outfit with a couple of gourds and a cob of indian corn hung way down low. Call yourself the Harvest God or something, and run through a couple of McDonald's and Burger Kings late at night, screaming, "Booga, booga, booga!" Be sure to have someone tape it all, including your subsequent tire-squealing escape in a Fox-bodied Mustang, and post the full video on here, afterwards. :D

Another idea: Use a big one of those plastic kids' candy pumpkin thingies, cut out a hole in the bottom big enough to put your head into, cut out the eyes and glue in some of that thin black see-through mesh material, then throw a big straw hat on top to cover the top hole and ... umm ... I dunno, rob some dirty old hippie of their worn-out denim clothes, stuff some straw here and there in the pockets and sleeves, and then maybe go as a scarecrow...?

Rent Sleepy Hollow, if that's the kind of pumpkin-head you're leaning towards, and maybe take some styling tips from that dude's getup. Or, better still, the old Pumpkinhead flick with Lance Hendrickson, perhaps? Although that one might be a bit tough to pull off without the aid of a special-effects team on hand...

Darkwriter77 said:
Jack is cool, but his burgers suck. And how do we really know it's always the same Jack under that bobble-head of his? Has anyone fingerprinted that dude, lately? He could have a hundred imposters running around, stealing his paychecks and sullying his public image with bizarre antics! :D

If you're feeling particularly festive, you could finish off the rest of the outfit with a couple of gourds and a cob of indian corn hung way down low. Call yourself the Harvest God or something, and run through a couple of McDonald's and Burger Kings late at night, screaming, "Booga, booga, booga!" Be sure to have someone tape it all, including your subsequent tire-squealing escape in a Fox-bodied Mustang, and post the full video on here, afterwards. :D

Another idea: Use a big one of those plastic kids' candy pumpkin thingies, cut out a hole in the bottom big enough to put your head into, cut out the eyes and glue in some of that thin black see-through mesh material, then throw a big straw hat on top to cover the top hole and ... umm ... I dunno, rob some dirty old hippie of their worn-out denim clothes, stuff some straw here and there in the pockets and sleeves, and then maybe go as a scarecrow...?

Rent Sleepy Hollow, if that's the kind of pumpkin-head you're leaning towards, and maybe take some styling tips from that dude's getup. Or, better still, the old Pumpkinhead flick with Lance Hendrickson, perhaps? Although that one might be a bit tough to pull off without the aid of a special-effects team on hand...

thanks a lot for the ideas, trying to make something scary heh.