Anybody put a pre 99 dash clock in 99+

• Sponsors (?)

Matie99gt said:
I want to do it because I have an aftermarket stereo, and I can't view the clock at the same time as the other info for the cd/radio. It might be stupid... but I think it would be neat :shrug: .
Didn't mean to give you a hard time about it, just didn't like the clock their back then and still don't. I guess it would be differant. People would see it and be like WTF. Why not get a digital face clock and gut it. Than mount it somewhere on the dash near the AC or something like that. You could buy one with Green, Red or blue numbers. Hmmm...that gives me an idea now.

watch.jpg

Attachments

• watch.jpg
    watch.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 82
Matie99gt said:
Want to know if anybody has tried to install a pre 99 dash clock in a 99+. Just want to know how much drilling/cutting, etc. was involved. and if it fit the same in the 99+. Thanks

I would think you would need to buy a new dash top too. The clock fit into a recessed area on the dash, and the newer Mustangs don't have that recess anymore. Other than that, and color changes, the dash tops should be fully interchangable.

However, with that, I am sure it could be done.

Blev said:
Why not get a digital face clock and gut it. Than mount it somewhere on the dash near the AC or something like that. You could buy one with Green, Red or blue numbers. Hmmm...that gives me an idea now.

How about buying a steering column pod from Autometer, but instead of putting a guage in it, put one of their analog clocks instead?

Here is what I mean...

015004_s.jpg

With a white face ...
004485_s.jpg

Or a black face ...
002632_s.jpg