anybody using C&L 76mm MAF

96darkhorse

Founding Member
Oct 2, 2001
wilmington, california
hey guys, is anybody using this maf??? im currently bididnt on one on ebay....it doeseint state what year is it for....it only says its for a 5.0....would it make a difference? the calibration tube is only like 20 bucks so it shouldnt be a problem right??? thanks......ohh yeah, once i put a maf on my car im gonna be selling a 75mm Pro-m bullet for a foxbody calibrated for 19lbs and a cone filter if anybody is interested....thats what im running right now and its not working well since its for a foxbody...thanks

• Sponsors (?)

If you are going to get the inlet pipe with it then it won't fit your SN95 if it is made for a fox. The fox kits usually have a buy it now for $209 and the 94-95 is about $260. My car ran very rich so I couldn't even use mine until I put in the A9L now it runs great and added a little power past 4000 rpm.

I have one, I had the Inlet pipe as well but sold it after I got the S/C b/c I dident need it anymore. The C&L has worked fine w/ me, I know alot of guys have trouble w/ them with supercharges but so far so good. Im still going to try the PRO-M meter though.

ok guys, i already have the maf and inlet pipe(thanks jplayer!!) the only thing im missing is the filter shroud that protects the filter from engine air since the filter is now inside the engine bay....i currenlty had a upr cai to the fendewell and honestly that kit worked great....with the c&l kit, i dotn feel as much power as with the fenderwell kit, infact, i dont feel that pull i had with the upr ki. with the c&l kit, it feels somethiong is holding it back, maybe its the hot engine air,.....oh wait i forgot to mention!!!!! the maf came with a foxbody sensor...could this be causing the problem? also is there really a big difference in having the kit inside or outside the fenderwell? thanks

Before my H/C/I, my 76mm C&L robbed me of power too. I called them up, and they told me I would lose power with the 76mm until I had modified my engine more toward performance. After the H/C/I, though, it is awesome. Make sure you get the tubes for the 94/95 as the fox tubes are NOT the same. They will cause you to run very rich. Be sure to color check you code via C&L's website. Some places that will sell you a 94/95 tube, send out fox tubes (happened to me and C&L replaced it free of charge).