Anybody who has installed a body kit before...

ddonaca351

Dec 1, 2002
Camas Washington
that is to say YOU put it on the car, paying somebody to do it doesn't count...

Anyhow, question:

instead of using the 3m double sided tape, I was thinking of using West Systems epoxy (the best thing since sliced bread) to glue the pieces on. Ive thought it over for a couple days and can't really think of any drawback.

Can you guys think of something that Im forgetting?

BTW, if you guys haven't used west's epoxy stuff you should go by the marine supply store and pick some up, neat chit' man....
:nice:

Thanks for the advice...
DD-

• Sponsors (?)

I have not installed a body kit yet. But I would imagine the drawbacks are.
1. You have to keep the piece firmly in place while the glue dries.
2. If you ever want to take the body kit off (Repairs or selling the car). It is going to be a much harder job.

ddonaca351 said:
that is to say YOU put it on the car, paying somebody to do it doesn't count...

Anyhow, question:

instead of using the 3m double sided tape, I was thinking of using West Systems epoxy (the best thing since sliced bread) to glue the pieces on. Ive thought it over for a couple days and can't really think of any drawback.

Can you guys think of something that Im forgetting?

BTW, if you guys haven't used west's epoxy stuff you should go by the marine supply store and pick some up, neat chit' man....
:nice:

Thanks for the advice...
DD-

Dave i use 3m Automix epoxy , probably simular to what you are talking about. I would put a couple of screws in each piece to have a mechanical bond also. When you are applying large pieces the glue dries extremly fast so you have to have things ready to go on. Good luck with your ground effect adventure.

joe