Anyone buy a 03 Cobra spoiler from the dealer?

darkhorse02

May 11, 2005
What came with yours?

I just got mine, and I think it's missing some items.

Content of box:
The spoiler (primed).
Small bag of hardware (missing all the nuts).
And there is no light (was there supposed to be?).

Part Number 2R32 6344210 BA

I ordered it from the dealer? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I bought a complete used decklid from a local recycler with the brake light, spoiler, lid, hardware & inner trunk light for $500...When I called the dealer to find out the price of the spoiler I almost had a heart attack when they said $500 for just the spoiler...Plus if u have a stock GT spoiler, u will have to plug the 2 front holes, & drill 3 more in the rear of the trunk. I just got lucky when the recycler happened to have the complete decklid in stock....Also picked up the Cobra mirrors @ the same time:D

What came with yours?

I just got mine, and I think it's missing some items.

Content of box:
The spoiler (primed).
Small bag of hardware (missing all the nuts).
And there is no light (was there supposed to be?).

Part Number 2R32 6344210 BA

I ordered it from the dealer? Thanks.

I'm sure it comes from the dealer bare with just hardware, if your missing the nuts I'd definitely give them a call. As you said you will need the third brake light, as well as the correct wiring harness to correctly use the LED brake light. Your stock GT connection will not plug into the Cobra setup - it also uses a different trunk light, so you won't have that either unless you get the new harness.

Thus you need:

1. Cobra Brake Light
2. Cobra Wiring Harness (for the brake light, license plate lights, trunk pop, trunk light, etc...)
3. Cobra Trunk Light

The new wiring harness just plugs right in, you disconnect the old setup, and the new one is powered from the same spot and everything will mate right up. I got mine from Randy at Modular Depot.

I'm sure it comes from the dealer bare with just hardware, if your missing the nuts I'd definitely give them a call. As you said you will need the third brake light, as well as the correct wiring harness to correctly use the LED brake light. Your stock GT connection will not plug into the Cobra setup - it also uses a different trunk light, so you won't have that either unless you get the new harness.

Thus you need:

1. Cobra Brake Light
2. Cobra Wiring Harness (for the brake light, license plate lights, trunk pop, trunk light, etc...)
3. Cobra Trunk Light

The new wiring harness just plugs right in, you disconnect the old setup, and the new one is powered from the same spot and everything will mate right up. I got mine from Randy at Modular Depot.

the above info is correct, excecpt for 1 thing.....Randy is NO longer running the "parts forum" on Mod Depot:flag:

the above info is correct, excecpt for 1 thing.....Randy is NO longer running the "parts forum" on Mod Depot:flag:

not to hijack this thread but what happened over there? did they decide they want to make all that money on factory parts themselves now? I used to like that site but I rarely go there anymore cause there is alot less traffic there now and the moderators are arrogant to say the least.

not to hijack this thread but what happened over there? did they decide they want to make all that money on factory parts themselves now? I used to like that site but I rarely go there anymore cause there is alot less traffic there now and the moderators are arrogant to say the least.

well, kinda' yes to the first part but mostly do to how some mods and admin were treating people, like talking down to them, banning people, putting people in lock-up, handing out infractions for posting in the wrong forum and other BS like that :notnice:

to me the site was over-moderated and getting stale, so I bailed:flag:

sorry, Hy-Jack over:OT:

well, kinda' yes to the first part but mostly do to how some mods and admin were treating people, like talking down to them, banning people, putting people in lock-up, handing out infractions for posting in the wrong forum and other BS like that :notnice:

to me the site was over-moderated and getting stale, so I bailed:flag:

sorry, Hy-Jack over:OT:

Sad, sad day, but I hear ya Randy - I've been seeing the same thing. Several of the mods over there have a 'screw you and if you don't like it, tough sh1t' attitude that really turns people off, even on the internet...they are turning into internet bullies...:notnice:
:OT: :stupid:

Well, I ordered the light assembly. I also found out that the washer and nuts are sold separately. Outrageous really, obviously I'll take care of those, thanks. Prices are pretty crazy too, but I get a good deal.

Modular Depot is next for the wiring harness.
Do they also sell the trunk light?
What is the best way to order from them? I sent an email to sales.
Haven't heard back yet, but it hasn't been long.

Here are a few reference graphics.
I'll try and document the whole thing for any else to use when I'm done.

View attachment 367768

View attachment 367770