Anyone Else Buy Stuff You Don't Need?

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys, I have a stock 5.0 HO complete engine, injectors, MAF, 89 GT driveshaft, rusty gas tank with an original fuel lever sender and fuel pump, smog equipment, and stock H pipe alllllllll for sale.... So you just go ahead and PM with any of it that do you dont need but want to buy!

Reactions: 1 user
Never

needethis.jpg

Hey guys, I have a stock 5.0 HO complete engine, injectors, MAF, 89 GT driveshaft, rusty gas tank with an original fuel lever sender and fuel pump, smog equipment, and stock H pipe alllllllll for sale.... So you just go ahead and PM with any of it that do you dont need but want to buy!

Is this a sales ad in one of our discussion forums? :scratch:

Now, I know that seasoned member of Stangnet would never consider such a thing as is smells strongly of green eggs and SPAM. :O_o:

I just can't pass up a deal.....even if I don't need it. Yesterday I saw an ad for a T-5 trans out of a 93 Mustang 5.0 for $75. I just had to look..... Went and checked it out. Tremec T-5Z that appears to be in good condition. Owner said it was in his sons car, and that the car just got too rusty so they pulled stuff to sell. $75 bucks?? Ummm yeah it went home with me. Do I need it? No. Will I do yet another T-5 swap into one of my foxes....probably not but for the price I had to grab it.

I'll buy it off you tomorrow for $75, and I don't need it either.

Kurt

Buy it? Hell, I pay $80/month to store it all.

I really should get back to selling all that :poo: on Ebay... How many 302 engines, sets of valvecovers, carburetors (yeah, an EFI guy that hoards carburetors... don't judge me!!!), and other various Ford and GM parts do I need?

Hell, if it's fox-body or Mustang II and the price is reasonable, I buy it... even if I already have three of it.

I've tried that. By the time ebay gets their money, paypal gets their money, and USPS gets their money, you might as well just chuck it in the trash and save yourself a trip to the post office.

Kurt

Do they still make car swap meets?

A table of Fox / Windsor crap usually does pretty well. You know... OTHER people buying crap they don't need either.

I used to do business with a guy in South Florida who made a living off of buying and selling crap he didn't need at swap meets. I mean, he lived in a trailer with 9 Mustangs parked around it, but it was technically a living.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 users
Sure I buy stuff I don't need. In my case it always costs me double. The wife see's me spending and feels justified in spending more money on stuff she doesn't need. Dammit! :fuss:

Reactions: 1 users
I've tried that. By the time ebay gets their money, paypal gets their money, and USPS gets their money, you might as well just chuck it in the trash and save yourself a trip to the post office.

Kurt
Not doing it right. I make enough on Ebay to have to pay taxes on it.

That h pipe might actually have some value, and for some reason some guy is sandblasting stock 5.0 HO intake plates and getting $80 each on eBay for them.
I've sold really crusty and nasty 5.0 plates straight from the junkyard for $15-20. I think some people buy them for wall art.

Blasted... No wonder mine sell so fast at $30, and I've sold powdercoated ones for a steal compared to him too.