Anyone Else Get The Latest Airbag Recall Later From Ford?

1987stangman

Jul 12, 2006
I actually received it about three weeks ago but I was in the middle of a kitchen renovation in my house and didn't have the time to get on here and post. The letter I got is a recall notice and states that "my local dealer now has the parts to repair my vehicle". I called two Ford dealers in my area and both of them of course do not have the parts to fix the GT but do have the parts to fix the six cylinders. I asked when they might be available and he said probably not this year.

I have a neighbor that is a collision estimator at the Ford dealer I have always used and she spilled the beans and told me that they fixed 19 Mustang GT's that where sitting on the lot because they couldn't sell them until the recall was completed.

Please do not get me wrong here, I am not all that worried about something happening because it only will in the event of a crash that is bad enough to deploy the airbags. If this happens then that's a whole different road to travel. I am a bit irritated that Ford sent out an actual recall notice that says the parts are available and are not and I'm especially irritated at how the dealers are blowing people off.

• Sponsors (?)

The v6 and the gt use the same canister. I got the same letter you got. It said the part is at my dealer and to make an appointment to have it fixed. I called my local dealer and they told me they had to order the part and could be a few months before it comes in :(

The v6 and the gt use the same canister. I got the same letter you got. It said the part is at my dealer and to make an appointment to have it fixed. I called my local dealer and they told me they had to order the part and could be a few months before it comes in :(

When the service writer asked me which model I had I td him it was a GT and he said that they did not have the parts for the GT on the V6 models. I thought they may have carried the same airbag in any model or trim Mustang. That is what both dealers told me. I had hoped that he knew when they would be getting the parts and I could have made an appointment but he didn't know. As far as I know it's just the inflator that is getting replaced.

Hmm.. interesting. I got a letter like that from the dealer in CA, but I already had moved here to OH. Perhaps they didn't have the part then. The same ol' run around.. I actually tried taking care of it with my original dealer, but even though the issue was known, no one had the part at that time. You'd think they'd take care of it quicker if it effects whether someone lives or dies.