anyone ever have a KB BAP sensor go bad?

ADRENLN

Apr 16, 2003
NJ
apparently the belt issue was only one of 2 issues i started to have with the new blower.

i guess we just have to get everything dialed in right and work out the kinks but man what a pita.

anyway, after 3 days of having the car back its back at the shop. the car was running great actually for all of those days. tune felt good power was incredable and i was breaking in the new clutch. the only problem was the belt was being chewed up a bit making things dirty under the hood.

well last night i decided to go out to dinner with my girl. i was on my way to pick her up in the stang...it was a nice night. and the car stalled. i started it back up thought that was weird and continued driving. after a block or 2 the car started to fight me in every gear. when i let off th gas to shift the car bucked backward.

i tried to give it some gas and there was NO BOOST! the car was dragging. i turn around and brought the car back home. when i got out the car stunk, it was dumping fuel like crazy. i didnt know what to think i thought it was something in the tune.

so had the car towed back to the shop today, the builder/tuner looks at all the connections and pulles one of the sensors connected to the KB BAP. starts the car and it runs fine!!!!!! the bap was not in use yet as the cobra pumps were doing the job for the hp im at now. we were going to use the bap when the power went higher on my full dyno pull and when i pulley down.

anyway. i was supprised that this sensor went bad. i bought my BAP brand new from KB. has anyone else had this happen? arent the BAP supposed to be used on high hp applications? why would that go bad after 3 days?

thanks sorry so long.

• Sponsors (?)

thats right, no BAP on mine......for now. i want one for a little extra insurance.

i have twin GT pumps, PPRV delete, modded FPDM and CPR rails

seriously though. you will be fine with just twin GT pumps under 600 hp. i really need a BAP on mine so if you want those GT pumps just let me know!!:D

damn adrenln, you're having all the same beat down probs i had when i first got my setup done. I had a new KB BAP and it was bad right out of the box. Luckily the car was still at the shop being put together so the shop was cool and gave me one of theirs and sent in my old one for replacement under warranty.

with mine the bap i think is good, i dont know because we didnt use it yet. however, one of the little sensors that plug in near the fuel sensor regulator went bad. one of those little white plugs.

saleen, i dont know. ill ask my tuner what he wants to do. i dont want any problems where i have to rely on the bap and it fails. couldnt that destroy the engine?
also i was going to do the gt pumps but my builder changed it to the cobra pumps for some reason saying i had to get some other parts and a hat to make it work. i am using my stock gt tank so maybe that has something to do with it.

anyway, im not really looking to pay him anymore labor to change out the pumps just yet. however, if you have those gt pumps for a while maybe when you are looking for the bap we can do the trade seriously.

ill let you know or let me know when you are going to break down and buy a bap.. maybe we can work something out.

spederman, it can be a pain huh? well i hope to get it all worked out. the damn bap is made to get you engine more fuel.......couldnt there be some big promlems for kb if these things fail on high hp cars?