Anyone ever installed an aftermarket shift-boot?

deftsound

Please ask me how much my supercharger cost
Apr 6, 2004
Texas City TX
Got my shift boot from redline goods today and in the process of installing it. What a pain in the ass, i can't figure out how to attach the shift boot and bracket from the oem boot onto the plastic console overlay...

Can anyone shed some light on doing this?

• Sponsors (?)

Hot Glue did nothing for me in this situation....

when i installed my redline goods boot, i broke off the tabs that hold the metal ring to the console piece, removed the boot from the ring.

Then i took the new Boot and Using 3min epoxy i Glued the boot inbetween the metal ring and the console.

Its held for years and look Perfect.

I tried Hot Glue first but that was just a joke

Hot Glue did nothing for me in this situation....

when i installed my redline goods boot, i broke off the tabs that hold the metal ring to the console piece, removed the boot from the ring.

Then i took the new Boot and Using 3min epoxy i Glued the boot inbetween the metal ring and the console.

Its held for years and look Perfect.

I tried Hot Glue first but that was just a joke

Yea i broke off the tabs too, i glued the redline boot to the metal ring like the oem boot went...my problem is how to attach the metal ring with the boot back to the console...guess ill have to figure out how to glue it in place

I put the epoxy on the console piece then attached the boot to it. (Since i already glued the metal ring to the boot it all held together once i glued the boot to the console)

MAKE SURE TO USE EPOXY!!!

ok one last question, how do you hold it in place while its drying? I would think it would fall through if you just left it to dry

The Auto Goop is whatever.

I went to Lowes and got some 2 or 3 minute Epoxy....the REALLY strong stuff.

I got 2-3 minute epoxy because it hardens REALLY fast so after 3 minutes its fully cured...But you gotta work fast.

That's kinda the main reason why i held off from buying a boot from them. I wanted a factory install, and glueing it in place seemed sort of hack to me.

I have the 03.04 cobra shift knob with the 5-spd pattern, and the leather is a much better quality leather than the normal GT leather knob. The GT boot however doesn't match.

I wanted to get an '03/04 Cobra leather boot and e-brake boot...but they are $$$$$