Anyone ever sprayed or boosted a 93 shortblock

• Sponsors (?)

depends how much? ive sprayed a stock '91 block a ton. Never had an issue but ive also upgraded the fuel system help make it safer and havent gone overboard on too big of a shot (yet :D) '93s are hyper pistons though, and a lot of guys will tell you not to risk it. But hyper pistons will stand up to spray, just not as much and potentially not as long. nitrous isnt terribly complicated and you can spray a stock 5.0 all day long if you do it correctly

False.

My stock 93 bottom end with H/C/I and S trim made 544rwhp 498rwtq I have since sold that motor but it is still powering a old Bronco.

It is all in the tune, with a proper tune the block will let go before the pistons.

+1
as long as it doesn't go lean and start pinging, the hypers will be fine. 90% of my experience is with f-body cars which all have hypers lt1, ls1 etc. never had an issue. never known a guy who had an issue that tuned properly. :D

+1
as long as it doesn't go lean and start pinging, the hypers will be fine. 90% of my experience is with f-body cars which all have hypers lt1, ls1 etc. never had an issue. never known a guy who had an issue that tuned properly. :D

theres the key. Hypers get a bad rep because guys think you can just toss a power adder at them (nitrous especially) and then want to blame the pistons when something goes wrong.