Anyone experience problems installing HID's?

For some reason after installing my HID set the headlights will only run in HID while I have my high beams on. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. After talking to some other installers they say I might have purchased a set that doesn't work for my ride....F'n A Cotton!!! Any advice?

• Sponsors (?)

It sounds like your power source for the ballasts is your high beam wiring. Please tell me you're not using one of those "plug and play" kits and actually did the correct HID projector retrofit into your lights, so you don't blind the **** out of every oncoming car?

that's what i thought so I re-wired the pigtail but it didn't seem to do the trick. oh well..back in goes the stock set up. Projectors look like junk in my opinion.

Honestly sounds like you have your power mixed up. Because if it turns on only with high beams that means your ground is correct but the power from the high beams is whats powering it. You need the power from the low beam to power it. Also are you using single or dual beam HID's? And I agree I never thought projectors looked good on any mustang in my opinion, but to each his own.:nice:

It sounds like your power source for the ballasts is your high beam wiring. Please tell me you're not using one of those "plug and play" kits and actually did the correct HID projector retrofit into your lights, so you don't blind the **** out of every oncoming car?

I"ve seen quite a few setups that werent a retrofit that did NOT blind the oncoming cars. Is it the "right" way? No. But it works.