• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

anyone had exp. w/ GER or Hughes trannies??

  • Thread starter Thread starter jaymac
  • Start date Start date May 3, 2004

jaymac

New Member
Feb 18, 2004
995
0
0
Northern Mass
May 3, 2004
#1
  • May 3, 2004
  • #1
I'm in the market for a new Tranny or a rebuild, and if it's gotta be done, it's gotta be upgraded. So, has anyone had experience with a a good aftermarket AOD. The engine is stock , but I drive it hard from time to time, but no actual strip action. I'm adding 3.73's this month, but that's really gonna be it for awhile. I'm just looking for a really strong and reliable AOD to beat on the street that will rob as little power as possible...
Thanks,
J
 

MCRParts.com

Founding Sponsor
Mar 21, 2002
1,259
0
0
New Hampshire
May 29, 2004
#2
  • May 29, 2004
  • #2
jaymac said:
I'm in the market for a new Tranny or a rebuild, and if it's gotta be done, it's gotta be upgraded. So, has anyone had experience with a a good aftermarket AOD. The engine is stock , but I drive it hard from time to time, but no actual strip action. I'm adding 3.73's this month, but that's really gonna be it for awhile. I'm just looking for a really strong and reliable AOD to beat on the street that will rob as little power as possible...
Thanks,
J
Click to expand...

Hi,

I just ordered the Compatition street/strip aod from ger with the manual valve body and a 10" 3000 stall convertor.

I'll let you know how I like it.
 

jaymac

New Member
Feb 18, 2004
995
0
0
Northern Mass
May 29, 2004
#3
  • May 29, 2004
  • #3
hey, thanks bro, good luck
 

Rick 91GT

Mustang Master
Nov 29, 1999
9,692
95
99
PA
May 29, 2004
#4
  • May 29, 2004
  • #4
I was told to stay as far away from anything made by GER......by multiple people.

I do have a friend that had a Huges C4 it worked well.
 

JETHRO

Founding Member
Jul 27, 2002
410
0
16
ALTOONA PA
May 29, 2004
#5
  • May 29, 2004
  • #5
i never heard anything good about ger
 
J

Js5ohLX

Member
Apr 5, 2004
287
0
16
Ohio
May 29, 2004
#6
  • May 29, 2004
  • #6
Get it rebuilt by a performance shop, they'll know the tricks to make it tough. Just make sure you get the police direct drive drum. It holds more clutches, costs about $46 from ford dealers. Make sure you have one hell of a trans cooler on it, and it'll take all the beatings you can give it.
 
D

dude5l

Founding Member
Dec 24, 2001
201
0
0
Grande Prairie, Alberta , Canada
May 29, 2004
#7
  • May 29, 2004
  • #7
I bought a converter and a manual valvebody from GER a few years ago...the converter disintegrated in about 30 seconds and the valveboddy never did work properly. I ended up getting an Art Carr convertor and just putting a shift kit in the stock v-body, and every thing was O.K. No warranty from GER and a poor attitude. I guess they figured since I was from Canada I had no recourse. So now I just tell my story whenever I can.
 

MCRParts.com

Founding Sponsor
Mar 21, 2002
1,259
0
0
New Hampshire
May 29, 2004
#8
  • May 29, 2004
  • #8
dude5l said:
I bought a converter and a manual valvebody from GER a few years ago...the converter disintegrated in about 30 seconds and the valveboddy never did work properly. I ended up getting an Art Carr convertor and just putting a shift kit in the stock v-body, and every thing was O.K. No warranty from GER and a poor attitude. I guess they figured since I was from Canada I had no recourse. So now I just tell my story whenever I can.
Click to expand...

Man you guys are bumming me out. The extra dough for a Lentech is starting to look better.

I checked out hughes they were pricey too.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
342
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
R
What's it Worth? 1997 Cobra, a ton of mods and restoration
  • riored97snake
  • Jun 18, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
329
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 21, 2026
riored97snake
R
Place to Avoid: Jamison Auto Group in Gulfport, MS
  • D Durden
  • Oct 20, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
46
Views
3K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 16, 2026
Noobz347
J
Progress Thread Family member 1989 GT- Backstory and updates
  • JRC99
  • Apr 19, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
15
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 26, 2025
JRC99
J
Fox Build ideas for the 'Hudson Heap' (87 GT)
  • MadSquirrelTech
  • Sep 19, 2023
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
20
Views
5K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 27, 2023
MadSquirrelTech
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?