Anyone Have 3.73 Gears In Their Auto?

CBZLX50

Oct 31, 2014
I need to switch my gears from 2.73,s. I don't care about the strip so much as around the city and a little freeway driving. I don't use my Stang for long distance trips. So, what gear would help me with a good HP adder? 3.73's, 410's Which are better?

• Sponsors (?)

I would go with 3.73s or if I was you even 3.50s. 4.10s are too high especially not needing a gear that's meant for the strip. For cruising around the town and highway 3.50s are the way to go, you get good throttle response and keep the rpms manageable on the highway without winding out. You will be amazed the difference from your gears even to 3.00s. What are you running for a Trans?

Using an AOD trans with a hammer shifter. Kinda different. Can't burnout for crap as the gears are so high. But I really didn't want to go to 410's. I usually put 3.73's in my 5 speeds, just never had an Aod DD until now.

I am glad for the help. I will not go for the 4.10's but will go for the 3.73's. The last auto Mustang I had I changed to a 5 speed swap. Now swaps are expensive and you might as well buy a whole car to do the swap. I am sticking to the auto for that reason. I just need to get those high 2.73's out and have some wheel burning gears.

I do the full bearing change as usual. I just buy the full FRPP kit with bearings and fluids from LMR and take it to the local drivetrain shop.

Then why are you posting in this thread? To take a jab at automatic owners?
You're right I apologize - but that wasn't my intention to take a jab. It was just a tongue in cheek remark, basically saying I can't help you. I've had manuals with 273, 308, 355 and 410 (this was a new edge not fox though). For manual I would never go higher than 355.