anyone have a cheap cai like this?

mustangkid05

Mar 10, 2006
9603MustangGTV8.jpg

its only 50$ so idk if i should get it, i know you guys are going to say get gears, but i only have like 50 to spend right now, so what do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

The only thing I don't like about these kits is the filter, but some come with a k&n and are a couple bucks more so I would look for one of those. Other than that, yes, if you pay 180+ for an intake, that's a horrible call for the gains you will make i.m.o.

don't

From the picture it looks like it necks down quite a bit just before the filter.

That and the company is "Racing Guys" :lol:

I'll bet fitment will suck and that thing will conduct heat like crazy.

You'd probably see better gains with a K&N drop in and your air silencer removed.

There is a reason everyone and their mom has JLT intakes, they are dyno proven to make a lot more than almost anything else out there.

I hear you on the price, but watch Ebay for a used one. I got used intakes for all 3 of my stangs on Ebay. They were each about half price of new.

It's your money though, just my 2 cents.

I'll bet fitment will suck and that thing will conduct heat like crazy.

You'd probably see better gains with a K&N drop in and your air silencer removed.

It's your money though, just my 2 cents.

The ebay pipe is the EXACT same product as the BBK or MAC pipes, so the "fitment" is the same. The pipe doesnt touch anything except the throttle body, and the throttle body doesnt get hot. Therefore, the pipe does NOT get warm at all.

However, the air filter on these things are cheap. There is a thin metal mesh around the filter and its rusts over time. I would suggest finding the cheapest CAI on ebay you can find, then buying a decent K&N conical filter. Lets face it, its a 4inch bent piece of piping, you can either pay 30 bucks on ebay or pay $200 to have a "BBK emblem on it.

The chrome on the pipes flake off over time. I chose to sand mine down to nothing and paint it with flat black engine enamel. Heres a pic of my spray booth:
SSPX0577.jpg

Stainless is spelled wrong .....

Not the only word spelled or used wrong.

As far as shipping being more than product. It's a new selling feature.

Remember that the seller pays a fee based upon the sales price. If they lower the sales price but raise the shipping cost they actually net more money in their pocket.

Best bang for a buck in a drop in k&n. The other thing that makes me nervous is that you can't see the filter once it's in the fender. So if it falls off, you suck in god knows what!

The ebay pipe is the EXACT same product as the BBK or MAC pipes, so the "fitment" is the same. The pipe doesnt touch anything except the throttle body, and the throttle body doesnt get hot. Therefore, the pipe does NOT get warm at all.

Um, my old BBk got hot enough to cook on ???? everthing in the engine bay will get hot.

:notnice: to metal intakes

:nice: to jlt