Anyone have any info on patriot heads and com cams

jeffstanggt04

Apr 1, 2005
Anyone have any info on patriot heads and comp cams

i got this guy that gives me hella good deals on doing work on parts and labor for my mustang and hes been working with patriot heads, and is an authorized dealer, i was wondering if anyone out there has the heads i want to get the stage 3 with .226 IN and .201 @ .600, and i was wondering if anyone has comp cams in their car part #XE278AH
advertised lift of 278/282, if the feed back is good im going to thow these on my ride

• Sponsors (?)

The bad things that have been spread about Patriot heads are all old problems. I spoke with patriotperformance about their heads and they said all the QA issues have been fixed. I bought some stage 2's but havn't installed them yet. I will post results after the install.

One of my buddies went through 3 sets of heads from Patriot...The first set consumed about 1 qt of oil a day (oil gathered in the heads)....the next set was warped enough to almost slide your finger between the head and the block..... Surprisingly the 3rd set worked for him so it seems like they're hit or miss.

and they're a PITA to work with .....

Rekokulous said:
The bad things that have been spread about Patriot heads are all old problems. I spoke with patriotperformance about their heads and they said all the QA issues have been fixed. I bought some stage 2's but havn't installed them yet. I will post results after the install.

No offence but what are they going to say, no we still built crappy heads.

Imo stay with the companies that have a good reputation and you are going to get good service and product more often than not.

I would go with www.modularpowerhouse.com, they ceratainly arent the cheapest but they make the most power from what I read.