Hp Estimate With Combo

Bill88Stang

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2000
Palm Coast FL
Just curious what you all would estimate my power out with my combo..10.5:1 351w stock crank and rods, rods bushed for full floating Pistons, arp hardware.heavily ported world Windsor Jr heads 1.94 1.60 valves matched to 1262 intake and 1450 exhaust gaskets. Comp pro magnum 1.6 stud mount roller rockers, gt40 tubular intake with a lightly ported lower intake, upper has a 65 mm throttle body on it currently, 24 lb injectors, c&l 76 mm mass air housing, Kirban adjustable fuel pressure regulator and a 155lph pump, cam currently is the e303 Installed straight up ecm is the a9m from a automatic car.Just wondering what you think my set up would make as is. I have a few extra parts I wanted to change to better yet combo, I jut want opinions no flames please. I have another gt40 upper that had the opening enlarged to fit a 75mm throttle body which I wanted to install to see any difference between the 65 and that, also have a f303 cam I want to replace in place of the e, the e is very very mild in this combo and I think the f would be stronger midrange and high end compare to the e. Also I feel the 24's are on the small side and I have a set of 30's that would be a better fit. I ran them before but with the c&l and the correct balance tube all I had was a very rich idle and 10 mpg average, I know the c&l is not the best way to go and not ideal and I really need to get a meter that is calibrated for the 30's to work correctly. Going back to the 24's and the correct balance tube saw the mpg go back to 15. I believe part of the lousy mpg I get is the e cam I've seen plenty of conplaints about crappy around town fuel mileage. Lastly my buddy has a typhoon intake that's been ported and cleaned up nicely compared to how it comes out of the box, would that intake (performer Rpm knockoff) work better then the gt40 tubular? Thanks for any info or opinions on my current set up and my idea for changing. Thanks again!

• Sponsors (?)

This should be posted in the "talk" section. Not tech related. @madmike1157 or other mod dudes?

As far as your combo goes(without all my critiques) I'd estimate around 275rwhp+350rwtq. Well one overall critique/advise: you need bigger/better intake/cam/throttle body/MAF/and inj.

One way to find a general idea of what it's making is to make a 1/4 mile pass. You can then use the online calculators to find a number. Your hope for 330-350hp is probably true at the flywheel. You're going to loose around 15% thru the drivetrain(so around 280rwhp). I'd swap to a pro m meter and the 30# inj. Like you stated the e cam is really holding you back. If you have the f cam I'd swap that in(obviously better choices available but I understand). I've run the typhoon intake on my 302. If yours has been cleaned up and you're swapping cams anyway I'd probably put it on. It will breathe better than the gt40 in the upper rpms and probably give you more avg power across the powerband. Those parts will work for your intended use. I'm sure it makes good low rpm torque as is.

Yea I already have the f i definitely want to change it out for that the e is too mild. Does make very good torque. I was thinking the typhoon would help up top more then the gt40 also. I've been debating which mass air meter to run with the 30's i guess pro m is still quite popular.