Anyone have problems passing emissions with Magnaflow X pipe?

Blev

Aug 17, 2003
So. Cal. V-Town
01LaserRedCobra said:
I was just curious if any cobra/GT owners have had problems passing emissions with the Magnaflow Catted X Pipe. I have heard that the people with a Bassini Catted X pipe still would not pass emissions with the high flow cats. So if you have any details on the Magnaflow catted X pipe I would appreciated it.

Thanks,
Subscribing...

I would like to know this too since I'll have to go up against the sniffer next year. I doubt they will climb under my car for a visual since it's so low.

• Sponsors (?)

Anyone have problems passing emissions with Magnaflow Catted X pipe?

I was just curious if any cobra/GT owners have had problems passing emissions with the Magnaflow Catted X Pipe. I have heard that the people with a Bassini Catted X pipe still would not pass emissions with the high flow cats. So if you have any details on the Magnaflow catted X pipe I would appreciated it.

Thanks,

yup, just failed someone a few days ago. we crawl under the cars and check at my work. the car was a 1996 GT with an 03 cobra motor in it. it had BBK long tube headers with BBK catted X pipe. it also had an Aeromotive FPR. we failed him for having all those components, plus we failed him because he wasnt running a returnless fuel system.

bdcardinal said:
yup, just failed someone a few days ago. we crawl under the cars and check at my work. the car was a 1996 GT with an 03 cobra motor in it. it had BBK long tube headers with BBK catted X pipe. it also had an Aeromotive FPR. we failed him for having all those components, plus we failed him because he wasnt running a returnless fuel system.
Now why couldn't help a fellow stanger out!! Sheesh!! Heh...heh...

I would have loved to have seen that car. Talk about being incognito, wish I had an 03 cobra motor :drool:

bdcardinal said:

SWINE! :uzi: :notnice:

i know me and my boss were crying as we failed him, my boss used to have a 96 mystic and a 68fastback with a supercharged pantera 351C. as for the magnaflow, thats a tossup, i will ask and see. the guy was really cool and we felt bad for doing it, but we have to follow the law, and we arent a normal shop, seeing as how we are a referee station, we arent allowed to cut any corners for anyone.

i think its a no go on the true x, my boss didnt think it was legal, but we were kinda slammed at work. we had a 94 civic with a JBM B18C, turbonetics turbo kit, aftermarket fuel injectors, non OEM blow off valve, no cat, aftermarket throttle body, CAI, fuel pressure regulator, and boost controller come in, all of which are illegal in CA.