anyone have sequential tail lights?

kalvick

Founding Member
Jun 29, 2001
Norwalk, CT
anyone here have sequntial tail lights? i saw them on a 2010 stang and thought it was pretty cool. Also the brake lights are REALLY bright.

whats the general concensus about them, ive seen kits to do sequence blinking from $50 (DIY) to $300 (complete kit)? are they cool to have on 99 to 04's? or is it rice?

Finally does anyone recommend getting brighter Lights, or even LED lights, for brakes? I mean it would defintely get the attention of people behind me that Im slowing down. I think LED lights would be cool, but I dont want to have Altezza's or other non stock tail assemblies.

• Sponsors (?)

anyone here have sequntial tail lights? i saw them on a 2010 stang and thought it was pretty cool. Also the brake lights are REALLY bright.

whats the general concensus about them, ive seen kits to do sequence blinking from $50 (DIY) to $300 (complete kit)? are they cool to have on 99 to 04's? or is it rice?

Finally does anyone recommend getting brighter Lights, or even LED lights, for brakes? I mean it would defintely get the attention of people behind me that Im slowing down. I think LED lights would be cool, but I dont want to have Altezza's or other non stock tail assemblies.

I have them on my 96GT. Can't remember exactly what I payed, but I'm thinking under $100. Haven't gotten anything but compliments on them. I don't think they look "rice" at all. If anything, they look retro.

Yea, definitely not rice. I have them on my car, and I really like them. Got them for free, they where actually for an 05-09, but I cut the resistors off and spliced them in. Maybe I can take a vid of it later and post it.
As far is making them brighter, I would actually also like to do this, so if anyone has any suggestions, i'm down.

I have them. meter4it.com. Cheap and imo the best kit around. They are real sequential with the "Chase" pattern. That means in binary:

0 = OFF; 1 = ON
LEFT TAIL LIGHT RIGHT TAIL LIGHT
0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 1 1 0 0
0 1 1 1 1 0
1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 0 0 1 1
1 0 0 0 0 1
0 0 0 0 0 0

Or if you're not computer programmer savy, watch my video lol YouTube - meter4it

You got your binaries wrong! this is correct Binary , sorry im a nerd.

6 bit

chase and sequential, great another thing to choose! uggg!! it does seem to work with LED's thats cool i guess

Anyone else get the $50 kit from ebay? I was wondering if theres any way to slow them down a bit.

Why not just get the $150 meter4it kit and do it right? You prefer the cheapie set that may work or may blow your bulbs and fuses? Well, that's cool too I guess lol

And my binary wasn't in 6 bit silly. I was simply using on and off (1 and 0). I wasn't getting all decrypt on people. You crazy

Why not just get the $150 meter4it kit and do it right? You prefer the cheapie set that may work or may blow your bulbs and fuses? Well, that's cool too I guess lol

And my binary wasn't in 6 bit silly. I was simply using on and off (1 and 0). I wasn't getting all decrypt on people. You crazy

Its been working just fine for me :nice:

sequential's cool, super-bright tail lights are NOT.

I cannot stand super-bright tail lights/blinkers. I mean, did it never occur to anyone that there will generally be a person who has to sit behind them faced with those bright ass lights at night? And anyone who can't see something as big as a car with red brake lights won't see that car no matter how bright those lights are or how they are flashing.