Anyone have their gas tank replaced under the TSB?

KrisHorton

Apr 22, 2005
I just got my car back from the dealership after getting my original gas tank replaced under the TSB. I had the problem of the pump switching off constantly.

I just wanted to see who else has had this done to their Mustang and if they noticed any change. I noticed that my gas pedal didn't feel as mushy. It might just be me though. Any thoughts on why this might be? I'm definitely not complaining, the car feels a little more responsive if anything.

Kris Horton
05 Mineral Grey GT

• Sponsors (?)

My wife and I both had our tanks replaced about 3 weeks ago.So far mine is OK and her's has backed up and stopped pumping once.No more replacements for us....we will just live with it.

Now if only we can get shaker 1000 radios that dont skip we will be in heaven.The first ones that came in didn't even work.

I truly love this car.................except for these 2 things.

Just had mine replaced and it filled up no problem. In fact, the sound of the gas going in sounded completely different to my previous tank. It sounds like water being poured while before there was always a whistle with a vacuum like sound.

agreed.. I took mine in and I still had an issue at one gas station.. but the others were ok. Also ford was nice enough to snap my antenna and bend the license plate frame =-(

Yeah, that's me. Funny I bought an 05 Mustang huh? Well, what can I say, I was in the market for a daily driver. I wanted something that was fairly fast, good looking, and a RWD V8. GM came up empty handed in my price-range. :notnice:

I love my Mustang though. I'll be starting on all the mods I have planned for it this summer and will be posting my progress.

Kris