Anyone Here Ever Do A Coyote Swap

eighty5fox

Mustang Master
Sep 29, 2016
mass
Im getting ready to start ordering parts for my swap. Im going to be going with the f150 motor and stick with my tremec 3550. Just wondering if anyone here has any advice or know of any good detailed write ups.

• Sponsors (?)

There are a couple guys that have, but they're not on here regularly these days.

I'm posting just to bump your thread to the top again, they'll hopefully see it soon.

@jrichker might have a list though, maybe he could jump in here.

Nope, but if I ever come across a good deal on a Coyote 5.0, I'm gonna snag it. I've just been watching prices drop and drop as more become available.

Reactions: 1 user
Just started to work on my swap, though I'm starting with a chassis build to go along with the swap. So I haven't started to engine portion yet but have been doing a lot of research/acquiring parts. My engine is also out of a 2011 F150, for reference. Here's a link to all the documentation/notes that I have been keeping for the swap.

http://www.hoytspot.com/Files/coyoteswap/

Some of the notes are kind of messy, and there are a couple extra articles in there that don't need to be there, but this should get you started. The article by Sean Hyland motorsports (How to install a 5.0 in a Foxbody) was a real good starting point for me.

Reactions: 1 user
Just started mine, but I think I've done enough research on the subject. (Actually bought the motor nearly two years ago).

Bought a long block for $1,000 and ended up at MPR for a built bottom end.

Thanks
Tyler

My brother n law is almost done with his F150 coyote swap, he also kept his 3550. Don't know how much help I can be, but here are some of the parts he has used:

-used mod motor k member
-used mod motor blow proof bell
-new Kooks swap headers
-new control pack
-used Boss came
-used GT intake (may be the same as a truck)
-I think he is going to use an adapter to adapt some braided lines to the stock fuel lines and see if he can get away with the 255 pump in the car.

Hopefully that helps some.

Joe

In 2013 I helped do a friends . A year later it got a blower .

Attachments

• IMG_9358.JPG
    IMG_9358.JPG
    190.6 KB · Views: 359
Reactions: 2 users
AJE K Member .
Bbk swap headers and x pipe
Oem ford bell housing for termi
T56
Control Pack
Florida 50 cluster
Hydratec hydroboost
05 power steering pump was used if I remember correctly it's been a while .

Wow guys thanks for the input. I should be picking up the motor in a few weeks it will cost me around$1500 with 65k miles on it.

Heres a list i came up with

2011 f150 coyote
upr mod swap k member
ford racing control pack harness
manual brakes
no ps or ac
autometer gauges
whatever headers i can get my hands on
96-04 motor mounts
custom pedal mount

what i dont know about is which bell housing flywheel and clutch to use