Anyone here have a billet fuel door on their Foxbody?

• Sponsors (?)

I didn't even know that UPR made one for the Fox. I've seen one billet fuel door on a fox and it was custom piece manufactures and installed by a guy who is a machinist. It looked ok but I didn't have to fight the urge to go out and get one. Just doesn't look the same when it's square shaped. If you're talking about doing the body work to make it round then that might look pretty sweet. In that case though, just get one for S95 and do what body work you need to do to make it fit.

I've seen the pictures of the fuel door and what it is, is a billet frame with a circular fuel door. UPR says you just take off the stock door, and bolt the frame with the circular door to the existing holes that house the stocker rubber fuel door bumpers.

Ive seen the billet door on 50resto.The square frame looks like ass. I thought about getting one and painting the frame black so it looks just like a round ones. Can u paint the billet material???

stang619 said:
Ive seen the billet door on 50resto.The square frame looks like ass. I thought about getting one and painting the frame black so it looks just like a round ones. Can u paint the billet material???

Yeah, you can paint it but it doesn't doesn't look great when you do and get progressively worse in a reltively short time. Powder coat or anodizing might be cool though. Hmmmmmmm.

Like this?
581377_60_full.jpg

I took a picture one time of a nice teal '93 Cobra with a round billet door grafted into the stock square door. The stocker still works, it just has another door in the middle of it. Gay as all hell, ruined an otherwise sweet Cobra. The square billet one only looks good on certain colors, IMO.

Ash

Great photo! Thanks. This helps alot.

My car is a high gloss black so I'm wondering if it would work for me.

I've spoken to a bunch of other Foxbody enthusiates and they're not too thrilled with the look either.

I wanna replace my stock door with a welded plate and shave the whole thing off. And reroute the gas door to behind the liscence plate. That was it look clean and id be able to get gas from either side of the car. I gota have the practical thing in there to just to justify it. Anyone done this or know anything?

I thought about doing the new billet cap fit into my stock fuel door. But decided Id rather try the above more. Thanks...
Joe E.

its a fuel door..its ment for one thing..puting in gas...no need to dress it up or make it stand out. some guys have even deleted the gas door and relocated the gas filling hose else where...not sure exactly why you would want to make something like a gas door stand out even more??