Anyone here skate still? (no not roller skating ya big dummy)

• Sponsors (?)

It's been along time since I skated, I was big into it from the mid 80's to mid 90's and still have alot of my stuff. I always liked Powell Peralta, I think it's just Powell now. I've got one of the last Tony Hawk birdskull Birdhouse brand decks still in shrink wrap. I like independant trucks, Powell or BirdHouse decks and Powell wheels. There is alot I don't know about the modern stuff, but most of the same companies from back then are still in bussiness.

GSP393 said:
It's been along time since I skated, I was big into it from the mid 80's to mid 90's and still have alot of my stuff. I always liked Powell Peralta, I think it's just Powell now. I've got one of the last Toni Hawk birdskull Birdhouse brand decks still in shrink wrap. I like independant trucks, Powell or BirdHouse decks and Powell wheels. There is alot I don't know about the modern stuff, but most of the same companies from back then are still in bussiness.

I started looking at alot of the powell stuff and like it alot.. but for some reasons most of them are all the reproduction decks and im wondering if they arent that good of quality... i read alot about alien workshop, and that they keep thier "pop" for a long time. hell, i might just get one through ebay and go from there... its not like the decks are that expensive.

I used to skate a little, but I didn't really fool around with combos. I rode a J. Thomas Zero deck, Independent trucks, whatever bearings (though I used Reds almost exclusively later) and either darkstar or spitfire wheels.

my old setup about 5 years ago was an eleament deck, black lable is good to. black on black fury trucks, indapendent were good also. spit fire wheels, and lucky bearings, grip tape doesnt really matter. i used to buy all my stuff on the ccs catalog they might have a web site www.ccs.com

Element fiber light deck, Destructo is the only way to go in trucks, spitfire wide wheels, speedmetal bearings, shorties hardware. Ive had the same stuff for 5 years now and it still works fine. Definately buy online from CCs they have the best prices. Destructo trucks have a lifetime warrenty also si they are woth it.

I skate, not so much now, but I was huge on it a couple years ago. Personally, whatever deck feels the best for your feet and your stance, theyre all different in width and curvature. Trucks: Royal Trucks HANDS DOWN, the best to grind with period. Bearings, I usually used Independant bearings, and wheels, I preferred harder rather than softer (hard- street, soft- ramp). For the record, I primarily used Zero decks.

Cool, i really appreciate the info...

GSP: if you look on ebay under vision decks, Alva or gator decks, youll see that they brough back the old style decks (even with the cutouts for the wheels)

Hey, i dont know what size wheels i should use... mostly ill be jackin around on the street / driveway... and until i remember how to ollie, i wont be doing anything crazy...

farbeyonddriven, arnt you to old to skate? Just kidding but i ride habitat or enjoi, both really good decks. Actually for a long time i made my own longboards. My dad tried riding my longboard once and got wheelbite and ate ****. I felt sorry for him lol but i told him to be carefull!

90mustang_GT5.0 said:
hey has anyone got a rock stuck under there wheel and skid until you fly off and land on your FACE ?

one of my buddys did. he now sports a metal plate in his head and a couple screws in his neck. :notnice: go figure his mom wont let him ride it again. shes smart women :nice:

90mustang_GT5.0 said:
hey has anyone got a rock stuck under there wheel and skid until you fly off and land on your FACE ?

I was coming off the street into a bank parking lot and found a rock that was stuck in the cement with my front truck cover, the covers lasted all of 10 minutes. I flew off and still sport a scar on my elbo about 2 inches long and a half inch wide.

ryan218 said:
one of my buddys did. he now sports a metal plate in his head and a couple screws in his neck. :notnice: go figure his mom wont let him ride it again. shes smart women :nice:
Hed have to be going pretty fast for that to happen.. Ive biffed and hit my head while skating downhill. No metal plates here but it sucks if it did happen.

I haven't skated for about 12 yeears, but I was always partial to Deadbolt and Indy trucks and spitfire wheels with German or Swiss bearings and I had a bunch of decks...Powell, H-Street, Blind etc.