Anyone in bergen county, New Jersey (with a tuner)

• Sponsors (?)

Ok so i have to re-build my traction lock i found out... And im thinking while im opening hte rear, i should do some rear end gears...

Does anyone in Bergen County, NJ have a Speedcal or tuner that you can help me re-set my speedo with? If so, i'll give ya $10 and be you're best friend

blackfang said:
It is wired into the VSS, a 12v power supply and ground, but can easily be taken out to be sold second hand.
I think he may have thought you figured you can borrow the speedcal.

Wait im still confused. So why can't i BORROW a speed cal....if it can be sold to me and recalibrated to work on my car, why can't someone let me borrow it and then "recalibrate it" to their car again..

I'm not followin...

A speed cal is permanently wired into the vehilces VSS on the transmission, a 12v power and a ground. Once you take it off, the speedo will not be accurate anymore. The speedo needs the speedcal to be wired and installed in order for it to work.

Tracking?

blackfang said:
A speed cal is permanently wired into the vehilces VSS on the transmission, a 12v power and a ground. Once you take it off, the speedo will not be accurate anymore. The speedo needs the speedcal to be wired and installed in order for it to work.

Tracking?

Okey Doke, thanks.

So i'll just try and buy one 2nd hand then, forget borrowing it. Thanks