• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Anyone in NJ do an EFI Swap??

  • Thread starter Thread starter monk302
  • Start date Start date Jan 7, 2006

monk302

Founding Member
Apr 18, 2001
742
2
16
New Jersey
Jan 7, 2006
#1
  • Jan 7, 2006
  • #1
Anyone in NJ done the EFI swap. I am in Monmouth County and would like to personally see someones setup. Let me know. I am really not looking forward to modifying my 89 mass air harness.
 

LONN17

Founding Member
Dec 1, 2000
135
1
17
Oceanport, NJ
Jan 7, 2006
#2
  • Jan 7, 2006
  • #2
efi

How much modification is required on the original harness. I had bought all the parts to do this about 5 yrs ago but have yet to get around to it. I dont remember the particulars but had just planned on hooking up what I needed to get it to run and cutting the rest out once it was running correctly. I have done a lot of work on 5.0s in the past and it didnt seem all that complicated.

I should be moving to Oceanport - Monmouth county in the next couple of weeks and also have access to an 89 GT (brothers car) if there is anything you need to see. Where are you located?

Trevor
 

monk302

Founding Member
Apr 18, 2001
742
2
16
New Jersey
Jan 8, 2006
#3
  • Jan 8, 2006
  • #3
I am over in Middletown. The harness modifications seem like they may be a decent task, though I am not 100% sure since I haven't really started the project yet. Yeah, possibly if I could look at your bro's car eventually that may be of help.

Thanks,

Mike
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
Help with manual conversion
  • CPH89LX
  • Aug 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
20
Views
468
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 27, 2026
2000xp8
B
Help! Fox with idle issues
  • bbarton
  • Sep 11, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
202
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 12, 2026
AeroCoupe
G
Resolved Smoking Wiring Issue After GT40 Head Swap
  • Grapes
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
462
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 22, 2026
Grapes
G
S
Preparation for Holley Terminator X install – Foxbody 306 (electrical fan, alternator, MSD Ignition, etc)
  • So_Flo
  • Mar 1, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
22
Views
3K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 4, 2026
General karthief
How do we feel about first gen fuel caps?
  • Teen'93stang5.0
  • Apr 25, 2026
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All
Replies
4
Views
422
Mustang Sound & Shine All May 3, 2026
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?