North East Anyone in PA with antique tags

Question for those running antique tags on their fox in PA. Have you ever had a problem with getting pulled over for some modifications. I know they no longer ask for pictures when applying but just want to hear people's experiences. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Got a link to their requirements?
In NE I’d be more likely to be pulled over for taking a kid to school or going to the store. The mods on my 60 year old car are probably not that obvious to a non model fan. The 56 year old car is obviously no longer my grandfather’s Oldsmobile, so have not applied for either.

“A vehicle licensed with Vintage license plates may only be used for test drives, parades and hobby-related activities. Vehicles registered with Vintage license plates may not be used for normal transportation to and from work, driven on a daily basis, or used for hire”

“A vehicle licensed with Historical license plates may only be used for test drives, parades and hobby-related activities. Vehicles registered with Historical license plates may not be used for normal transportation to and from work, driven on a daily basis, or used for hire.

Applicants applying for Historical plates must own one or more additional vehicles that are currently registered. If the vehicle used for regular transportation is titled in the name of a company, proof that the applicant is owner of that company will be required.

Trucks with Historical plates may not be used for commercial business or transport a load in excess of 1,000 pounds.”

Reactions: 1 user
I def meet the requirements it's for occasional driving and too and from car shows etc. I'm more focused on like I have a cobra r good. Has anyone gotten pulled over and them saying something about the hood not being original. The requirements state that the car must be mostly restored to original. Mostly is up for interpretation in my opinion

I def meet the requirements it's for occasional driving and too and from car shows etc. I'm more focused on like I have a cobra r good. Has anyone gotten pulled over and them saying something about the hood not being original. The requirements state that the car must be mostly restored to original. Mostly is up for interpretation in my opinion
Do you think an officer is going to care if the car is a Cobra R or not? I would bet no. A Cervini hood and a 2’ non SVO tail spoiler might be an issue. Slicks, Skyjacker air shocks, and a 3” exhaust would be a good tell, as would be a chopped top low rider.

No I just worry I'm gonna get fined or something. I have friends who are state police and they said they could care less. As long as it's not a blower sticking out of the hood I should be ok. Was just curious if anyone ever had an issue. Antique registration is for life in PA. One time cost and no state inspection

Laws are different for each state with regards to Antique tags.

here in MA, a car with antique tags can only be driven for test drives, to/from a repair shop, or to a car show/parade. Outside of that, no pleasure drives. Still need annual inspection.

so in other words it’s just not worth it here.

Reactions: 1 user
Check with your insurance company as well (you may already have this covered). A buddy of mine put antique tags on his Mustang, then his insurance company informed him antique autos must be garaged to be insured...luckily, he had a garage nearly built, so not a crisis. A couple of states limit antique autos to daylight hours as well...may impinge your plans.

Afain pennsy limits antique titled cars to driving in daylight hours however I doubt an officer would make it a big deal and I also doubt an officer would care or even know of restrictions in regards to mods . Maybe in more rural areas of the state they may be more by the book but imho officers around Philly have bigger issues to worry about. Just my o2 cents worth.