• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

anyone installed set of Mac true fit headers on the stang?

  • Thread starter Thread starter stephen4785
  • Start date Start date Aug 24, 2004

stephen4785

New Member
Dec 14, 2003
321
0
0
Fort Worth Texas
Aug 24, 2004
#1
  • Aug 24, 2004
  • #1
Thinking about buying some for my 65 gt.Anyone used these?
 

66P51GT

New Member
Nov 7, 2003
721
1
0
Cerritos, CA
Aug 24, 2004
#2
  • Aug 24, 2004
  • #2
I purchased a pair and had difficulty installing. I gave up and began tearing down the engine for a rebuild.

I called Mac and they gave me specific instructions. I suggest doing the same. I'll try once more once the engine is back in the bay. They assure the headers will fit.

One thing to note. The number 8 cylinder pipe is not connected to the collector. I know it sounds wierd and I didn't expect it when I ordered mine. It slips on separately and is clamped before the collector.

There is a high-temp coating but it is not ceramic. The price is right but if I had it to do again, I'd spend a bit more and go for Hookers or Hedmans.

$.02
 

SnakeStang65

Founding Member
Jan 11, 2002
160
0
0
Jasper, Indiana
Aug 24, 2004
#3
  • Aug 24, 2004
  • #3
Get the Hooker Comps. You will not be sorry.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
102
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
Fox Full set of seats in the back of a hatch
  • keel
  • Aug 28, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
280
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 31, 2026
keel
R
bbk shorty header to mid pipe gasket
  • randyyy
  • Sep 29, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
442
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 29, 2025
randyyy
R
6
2010 V6 Sees differently than GT?
  • 6t9Mach1
  • Mar 31, 2026
  • 2010 - 2014 Specific Tech
Replies
2
Views
251
2010 - 2014 Specific Tech Apr 1, 2026
6t9Mach1
6
J
Exhaust manifold to Y-pipe nut & stud dimensions?
  • joeybuddy96
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
152
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Jul 9, 2026
joeybuddy96
J
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?