Anyone Know About The F1 Racing Clutch Kits On Ebay?

Jacob_Royer

Nov 24, 2007
I'm needing a new clutch for my gt and am wondering about the f1 kits that are 11" with the aluminum flywheel
looks like about 500 bucks for the Kevlar clutch kit. Anyone running one of these? Are they any good?

• Sponsors (?)

It's on Ebay for a reason. I have had several customers bring me their cars with Ebay branded clutch kits. EVERY one has come back out of the car within 3 months or less. Spend the money and get a good name brand. Lastly, for a car that I am assuming that is mostly driven on the street, an aluminum flywheel isn't really that necessary. Get your factory flywheel resurfaced. My car actually performs better with a factory style flywheel. Just my .02

My flywheel has been ground at least 3 times that I know of! Intact had to take .030 off first time
I ground it just to get it to clean up! What is a good clutch kit I'm tired of having pressure plates
Take a :poo:! Last one was a stage 2 unit from ky clutch and it didn't last 15k!! Is the frpp unit
Good? I'm not having trouble with the disc itself just pp and tob's!
I am running nitrous and should be.making at least 300rwhp but this is a street
Car 99% of the time and gets ALOT of miles so I don't want a dump truck clutch lol
What is a good kit for this?

My flywheel has been ground at least 3 times that I know of! Intact had to take .030 off first time
I ground it just to get it to clean up! What is a good clutch kit I'm tired of having pressure plates
Take a ****! Last one was a stage 2 unit from ky clutch and it didn't last 15k!! Is the frpp unit
Good? I'm not having trouble with the disc itself just pp and tob's!
I am running nitrous and should be.making at least 300rwhp but this is a street
Car 99% of the time and gets ALOT of miles so I don't want a dump truck clutch lol
What is a good kit for this?

Might have something to do with the fact your running an aftermarket clutch on a stock flywheel with too much material removed. Too much clearance and the PP and disk can't do its job correctly.

Or, it could be the clutch is improperly adjusted. Are you using an aftermarket quadrant, firewall adjuster or cable? With an aftermarket clutch, you really should use the quadrant and firewall adjuster. Avoid adjustable clutch cables any anything except a Maximum Motorsports/Ford OEM cable. They have modified it to really be the only lasting cable.

Also, don't use anything except a FRPP TOB. Anything else is begging for trouble.

As far as the eBay clutch... no. Don't go there. Check out RAM's HDX clutch. I did a lot of research and found this is a great street/strip clutch that holds 450 flywheel horsepower. It's still an organic-style clutch so engagement won't be brutal and it's still the "weak point" in the drivetrain versus my trans. I have one waiting to go back in the car. They can be had for around $200.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I'm running an aftermarket quadrant firewall adjuster and cable always had chatter in netraul
With this clutch only got 15k out of it last one got 75k and the pressure plate took a crap