anyone know how to reprogram a keyless remote????

Like it says i bought a keyless remote control but i don't know how to reprogram the thing....a friend of mine says i need to put my switch in ON position and jump pins in programming connector located in the panel area???where is that?i have a 98 GT

Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

i was told to get in the car, turn the key from off to on 8 times in 10 sec (ending in the on position). then press any button on each of the remotes you have. you must program them all at once. if that doesn't work try nine times. they gave me that info for my 2000 gt. if that doesn't work PM me and i'll try to find the paper they gave me a while back. worse comes to worse, i may be able to call this old buddy of mine who has remotes w/ programming instructions. let me know if it works....

you should be able to do it this way...

cycle the ignition on then off 8 times ending in the on position

push and hold the lock button on one remote, locks should twitch

then hit the lock button on another remote... same thing...

good luck

:canflag:

Transmitter Programming for 1998 Mustangs.
Turn ignition to RUN or ACC. Momentarily jump pins in programming connector located in LR qtr panel area. All doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode. Press any button on 1st tranmitter. Doors locks will cycle to confirm programming. Press any button on 2nd transmitter (up to 4 transmitters total possible). Turn ignition to Off. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.
The connector is in the truck under the panel on the drivers side of the car. There is a 2 pin connector mounted on the fender.

How to program a 98 GT Convertible Keyless Remote

Note of thanks to rande111... his programming instructions are correct for a 1998 Mustang GT. Here are a few more details which may help you...

What has already been stated:
1) Turn ignition ON.
2) Temporarity "jump" the 2-pin connector (door locks will cycle).
3) Press any button on 1st remote (door locks will cycle).
4) Press any button on 2nd remote (door locks will cycle).
5) Turn ignition OFF.

More details:
The 2-pin connector is tricky to find. It is in the trunk, it is on the driver's side quarter panel. It took me 20 minutes to find it so here are more details. The 2-pin connector is mounted on the SIDE. You must temporarily remove the pressed-fabric by bending it way out of the way to get to the connector. The 2-pin connector is located next to a rather large white/plastic connection point having several wires extending out from the bottom. The 2-pin connector is a plastic sheath with 2 wires extending from the bottom and 2 bare "posts" within the well of the plastic sheath. To temporarily "jump" the posts, I just stuck a screw-driver in there. Immediately, the characteristic "door lock cycle" was observed and I knew I'd hit the jackpot.

Hope this helps.