Anyone looking for a 4R70W trans??

Hey guys,

I've been reading a lot lately about tranny swaps and found a great deal on a 4R70W. I bought one out of an 03 3.8 mustang with 13K on Saturday for $99 :) It looks brand new and came complete with the torque converter. The place was called Saw Mill Auto Wreckers in Yonkers NY (800) 227-1111. I'm not sure if they ship parts but they have about 9 others and they're selling them for $99 each. I found them using www.car-part.com. Worth a call if you're looking for one.

Demetrios

• Sponsors (?)

Nice deal - if any Fox guys want to do the swap, I have the info you need to make it work in our cars.

Thanks. Wasn't sure if it was legit but after asking the guy 3 times on the phone he started getting annoyed...LOL

I didn't realize I posted this is the 5.0 talk section, I was actually trying to post it in the 94-95 Talk section. If it helps you guys too, great.

Demetrios

It's a rare swap, but I just did it to my car. We were unable to find *any* information about it, we basically did it from the ground up. I had a custom build done but with 4R gearings and casing, so essentially it's the same but much beefier. Plus the valve body, stall, etc. ;)

Anyway, it wasn't as easy as we (even my builder) anticipated but with some research and junk we got it done. Required are an MLPS, custom wiring to mate it to the Fox's old AOD harnesses, and a proper shift lever arm for the valve body shaft - what a pain (we custom CNC'd one).