anyone running svo supercharger on 96-98 gt???

n.j.gt

Jan 26, 2004
anyone have this setup. what kind of #'s does it put out. would an allens supercharger be better. i want the power down low. would this be the right choice with my mods.i really want to make sure i get the best supercharger for my set up. thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Why did you make a completely new thread for this? You already had one titled "what supercharger would be best for me???" right below this one. Anyways we don't know what supercharger would be best for "your setup" we don't know what "your setup" is. If you mean what supercharger would be best for your car, they all do the same thing. Force air into your engine. If you want power down low do not look at Centri superchargers. Get a Kenne Bell or one like it that replaces the intake. Again I highly suggest you do more research to figure out what supercharger is best for YOU. They all are different and you should figure out which one would fit your needs best. And again I would highly suggest first you get a set of the best flowing heads you could. That way when you do put on the supercharger you will be much happier with it.

if you would read my other post i said i am not doing the pi heads. my mods are listed in my sig. and why the hell do you think i am asking these questions. to get info about different superchargers. i want to get info from people that have first hand use with some of these. thats the best way to get info. if you are going to act like an a hole dont respond to my post. :nonono:

Why don't you do a search a see what you can find on these superchargers? Go to corral or some other mustang site and do more searches and see what you can find. And I believe everyone here will tell you to get heads, why are you so against going with better heads? :rolleyes: And I'm not being an ahole I'm just saying you should do your own research on these parts instead of making 2 threads about the same thing. But hell, if you think I'm being an ahole I'll not respond to your posts personally I don't care one way or the other what you do I was just giving you some things to think about.

Monkie said:
Why don't you do a search a see what you can find on these superchargers? Go to corral or some other mustang site and do more searches and see what you can find. And I believe everyone here will tell you to get heads, why are you so against going with better heads? :rolleyes: And I'm not being an ahole I'm just saying you should do your own research on these parts instead of making 2 threads about the same thing. But hell, if you think I'm being an ahole I'll not respond to your posts personally I don't care one way or the other what you do I was just giving you some things to think about.
PI HEADS + LABOR = $$$$$$$$

n.j.gt said:
PI HEADS + LABOR = $$$$$$$$
I understand this, but Monkie is telling the truth. You could just get the supercharger, but your engine would be working harder to make the same power that you would make if you had the better flowing heads. The only problem I see with PI heads are that the compression is too high to supercharge the car also. I know Livernois makes high flowing non pi heads so maybe you should look into that. I dont know what you're plans for the car are, but just look into it, you may make a lot of horsepower with just the heads and then maybe you could spray the motor. I belive you would be a lot cheaper and faster, than if you just bolted on a supercharger. Good luck

madmatt said:
I understand this, but Monkie is telling the truth. You could just get the supercharger, but your engine would be working harder to make the same power that you would make if you had the better flowing heads. The only problem I see with PI heads are that the compression is too high to supercharge the car also. I know Livernois makes high flowing non pi heads so maybe you should look into that. I dont know what you're plans for the car are, but just look into it, you may make a lot of horsepower with just the heads and then maybe you could spray the motor. I belive you would be a lot cheaper and faster, than if you just bolted on a supercharger. Good luck
what would you think if i just put on a svo supercharger and leave it at that. would that give me almost 300 hp with my current mods.

n.j.gt said:
what would you think if i just put on a svo supercharger and leave it at that. would that give me almost 300 hp with my current mods.
It would be a fun car in my opinion, but there is only so much upgrading you can do with that blower, just look around some more.

n.j.gt said:

Yes. SVO blown for half a decade now. :) Pulling strong, love it .... but if you want big HP # look elsewhere.
You could run the PI heads with the blower but, be wary. Have it tuned and be considerate of the damage that could be done if tuned too aggressively. :nice:

Monkie said:
Why did you make a completely new thread for this? You already had one titled "what supercharger would be best for me???" right below this one. Anyways we don't know what supercharger would be best for "your setup" we don't know what "your setup" is. If you mean what supercharger would be best for your car, they all do the same thing. Force air into your engine. If you want power down low do not look at Centri superchargers. Get a Kenne Bell or one like it that replaces the intake. Again I highly suggest you do more research to figure out what supercharger is best for YOU. They all are different and you should figure out which one would fit your needs best. And again I would highly suggest first you get a set of the best flowing heads you could. That way when you do put on the supercharger you will be much happier with it.
:nonono: Oh well....

To try to answer your question it has been found that the heads are not as restrictive on these cars as initially thought. It is the intake manifold. Both the Kenne Bell and the SVO come built into a replacement intake. Best of both worlds. Granted the SVO is a little down on the power side but would be very safe. And yes I have done some research but don't mind passing on the info like some people.

Reguardless I would get a good tune to go along with the install and I wouldn't go too aggressive with the boost. It will give you a good, safe, reliable set-up.

n.j.gt said:
anyone have this setup. what kind of #'s does it put out. would an allens supercharger be better. i want the power down low. would this be the right choice with my mods.i really want to make sure i get the best supercharger for my set up. thanks.

I'm happy with my SVO. Yes -- you'll get gobs of torque down low. It's a very different car than when it was stock.

One thing though -- this isn't a track blower; it's a street blower. I've had it at the local 1/8 mile track here and it's almost laughable -- it's bloody hard to hook up without wheel-spin in 1st/2nd gear with my street 255/45 tires and stock 3.27s.

With my mods I'm at about 280HP -- see my sig for mods and dyno sheet.

Good luck!