Anyone running these adjustable motor mounts?

• Sponsors (?)

I have never used these mounts but I have seen them before. I wasn't comfortable with how they adjust. I suppose if I needed to adjust my engine position, I would use these but I think I would put a little weld down on these once I got them right where I wanted them just to be sure they wouldn't move. I suppose the trans cross member would help to keep the thing located front to rear but I'd still want the extra piece of mind afforded by the additional welding.

TCP makes a set very similar to these except they are not adjustable.

I own a pair of TCP mounts and they are EASY to install. They also hold the motor quite firmly in place.

I`ve got the Ron Morris adjustables

they are SWEET man. I haven`t noticed any movement, but I`m not using mine on a track or anything. They are nice peices though, good steel. I do have a pretty hot motor, if anything really obvious was moving around up there I`d know I think.

Wouldn`t the tranny crossmember keep it from moving back and forth? Other then a little flexing how far could it really go? I would also think the torque of the motor would keep it from moving, its hard to push something backward thats also trying to twist at the same time (in a bind, so to speak)

They sure do make header clearance easy.

I might add for me this was also a cheaper route then going back stock parts.

I have them on my 68, and I love them. With the stock mounts the engine sat too high and the transmission hit the trans tunnel. So my options where to either install 1965 motor mounts (and still possibly have an issue) or install the RM mounts (which cost less money then sourcing all the parts needed for 1965 mounts). I installed the Ron Morris mounts and it lower the entire setup to my desired height. The ability to move the engine back was also key when installing my electric fan. Also these mounts where increadibly easy to install, and I have no clearance issues with my sway bar, which is 1" in diameter.

Mario

I can't help but wonder if dropping a half inch would hit the sway bar in some conditions: my oil pan is REALLY close already. ??

or the crossmember.

i changed from the late (or early style motor mounts that are 1/2 inch or so taller) motor mounts to the early ones (or late, i don't remember off the top of my head) my oil pan hit the cross member. i had to get some washers and use them as spacers, then some longer bolts to get it to clear.

I have the stock height RM ones (the lowered ones weren't offered when I bought mine) and really like mine. The adjustability was a nice feature as I moved the engine over about 1/2" and back maybe the same amount. No hitting of engine crossmember (although now I have a Delta Bay road race one instead of the stock one) or of the sway bar. I have noticed no shifting, although I do feel more engine vibration at idle than I did with the stock steel/rubber mounts.
Daniel