Anyone still running a steel driveshaft?

nmcgrawj

Advanced Member
Sep 28, 2003
Indianapolis, IN
I am trying to get the car back running after my accident about 1.5 years ago. I sold a bunch of stuff(including the trans/aluminum driveshaft) so im slowly trying to replace everything.

I do have gears, i originally got the aluminum driveshaft because of vibrations after the gear upgrade. Then i later learned that getting them balanced(when i upgraded to the tko600 the yoke threw the balance wayyyy off) solves that issue.

So should i just spend $50, get a stock steel one, hope it doesnt vibrate and if it does, just get it balanced? Rather then spending $240 on a new aluminum one(hard to find).

Money is tight...thats why im confused.

• Sponsors (?)

I would say that if you're short on cash, get a used one but make sure it's straight and the yoke & flange are in good condition. My buddy spent more money fixing his stock Fox shaft than he would have put into a new aluminum unit.

Scott

you know what shipping would be like on the stock one???? im picking up an alumnium today on craigs list with 5kon it for $150 id be glad to help you out with my old one..:nice:

No idea! I wish i could find one locally....by the time i find one i would rather spend an extra $30 and get a brand new shiny one. :(

Any idea on the weight? Any UPS warehouses(not stores) close to u to get an estimate?