Anyone swap to an IRS?

I swapped from my GT straight axle to an 03 cobra IRS. I have a vibration at 40 mph now. I was going to buy an aluminum driveshaft for a GT but isn't there a difference between GT driveshafts and Cobra DS's besides length? I've heard something about the cobra ds has something built in to dampen vibrations present with the IRS?:shrug: I have also heard that I should look into a viper DS's?
ALso, there seems to be a lot of slop, for lack of a better word, in the drivetrain when I engage and disengage the clutch followed by a slight clunk/thud from the rear. I was told this was normal with IRS suspensions? Is that true? I had the rearend up in the air last night and while in gear, I could turn both wheels a little ways, like they had some slack in there that wasn't present with my straight axle. Normal?
Thanks for any help. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

The thud sounds coming from the rear sound like poor gear installation or the clutches in the TLok going bad from it. It might not be though.

Did you buy the IRS or trade your SRA with someone? Was the donor car beat on? And are you sure it was an '03 spec IRS? I don't know too much about them and was thinking of going to IRS when my car gets a tubular K.