Engine Anyone using SVE Shorty Valve Covers on 93 Cobra

SLOWBRA

Founding Member
Oct 30, 2001
NC
Do the SVE Aluminum Shorty Valve Covers fit without clearance issues on a 93 Cobra?

I'm looking for a set of covers that will fit a 93 Cobra without raising the intake, etc.

• Sponsors (?)

Between the intake and rockers on the 93 Cobra there are issues with many valve covers fitting. I've given up on aftermarket valve covers for it since not a single person can confirm it will work :)

Why the hesitation to using a spacer? A 3/8” spacer will allow a 93 cobra intake to work under a stock hood. I ran that setup for many years.

Reactions: 1 user
Why the hesitation to using a spacer? A 3/8” spacer will allow a 93 cobra intake to work under a stock hood. I ran that setup for many years.
Will that fit under a strut tower brace and require any additional modifications (i.e. bolts, etc.)? I'm not against it, but I've yet to read a recipe that works for a 93 Cobra.

I ran the 93 cobra intake and MM strut tower brace on my car with a 3/8” intake spacer. Running the stock hood with hood blanket. Using the original bolts that came with my Ford motorsport 93 cobra intake kit. This is with the older non-convertible engine mounts which sit higher than 93 mounts do.
45DDF76D-AE46-40DF-B76A-128B1B70876D.jpeg

C8451BC3-1464-400D-B083-02CEA1D5E2B2.jpeg

recently redid the motor and needed new valve covers to clear the crane 1.6 RRs. These cleared fine using the same 3/8” spacer

A8461567-5367-4789-A0DC-83A2CCB668FA.jpeg
20E31171-D979-40A9-9242-B4C2185D9B22.jpeg

My intake is currently being powdercoated, but that's the combo I intend to stick back under the hood with the MM strut tower brace. I upgraded to new energy suspension mounts, so that's the only wildcard, but they are the lower, convertbile profile mounts, so it should actually gain me some clearance. But if i remember correctly, the STB stuck up higher than the intake in my prior configuration

Reactions: 1 users
I appreciate the pictures and information. Your build looks very nice and clean. I will say that the oil fill cap sure looks like it will be fun :)

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Please post back up in here when it is wrapped up.