anyons ticking engine get louder with plenum mods?

ADRENLN

Apr 16, 2003
NJ
i put my accufab setup on about a month ago. i really have had the ticking for a long time, had it to ford of course they say its fine. when i give car throttle the ticking gets louder and faster. not super loud knocking, but loud enough that i can hear it over my exhaust at 3/4 throttle.

still dont know whats up with it, or if its normal. i hear that these 99 and up cars actually do have loud injectors.

anyway heres the real question. did any of you that have this ticking add a plenum combo, and then have the ticking get louder?

it is a bit louder now, real bad when ridding next to median on the highway.

anyway any help or info on any of this is much appreciated. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

take it back to ford and overexaggerate the problem. Say at idle it makes very loud ticking noises in the heads. But it comes and goes. As redmustanggt46 mentioned, take the TSB # he gave you and TAKE IT TO FORD. You don't want a fubared car.

Here's a weird one fo you guys. i had the ticking in the passenger side head at idle. I changed out the plugs yestrday and one of them was gapped at .064 and it was on the passenger side. Now that I've put the new plugs in and gapped at.055 the ticking is pretty much non-existent. You barely hear it just once in a while. It's strange but I thought I'd post it.